8). Can OMV (Plex) be configured to serve a different Server on same subnet?

• I have a Network, 192.168.5.X. OMV [192.168.5.38] (Running Docker/Portainer/Transmission and Plex (focal point) which works like a charm. I then have a Terastation [192.168.5.37] which is all proprietary and simply runs SMB which I have 0 issues with. Being both Servers are on the same vlan/subnet I feel I do not need to worry about any network interface but was wondering, is there a way to host 192.168.5.37 through my Plex? I see there was discussion about adding an IP location rather than a directory. My SMB share is 192.168.5.37/Server straight and simple. I am hoping in my Plex container I can add under volume or some other a link or path to this. And when I go into Plex I can add network location/media and it will indeed see the drive.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have a Network, 192.168.5.X. OMV [192.168.5.38] (Running Docker/Portainer/Transmission and Plex (focal point) which works like a charm. I then have a Terastation [192.168.5.37] which is all proprietary and simply runs SMB which I have 0 issues with. Being both Servers are on the same vlan/subnet I feel I do not need to worry about any network interface but was wondering, is there a way to host 192.168.5.37 through my Plex? I see there was discussion about adding an IP location rather than a directory. My SMB share is 192.168.5.37/Server straight and simple. I am hoping in my Plex container I can add under volume or some other a link or path to this. And when I go into Plex I can add network location/media and it will indeed see the drive.

I *think*.. the easiest way to do this would be to use the remote mount plugin to mount the Terastation shares on OMV, then point the plex docker at those shares.

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!