OMV6 SMB/CIFS: Mounting the Shared Folder Questions and Downloading with JDownloader

• Hi Community,

I was able to get my shared folders working and share it thru SMB/CIFS and FTP and seeing it on my laptop and Raspberry Pi 4. For more description and details, it is listed below:

• Laptop: Using Manjaro KDE, 5.15 Kernel and Dolphin File manager
    • Raspberry Pi 4: Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye 32 Bit
    • OMV Setup: Raspberry Pi 4 with OS Bullseye 32bit, OMV6, connecting to USB 3.0 to USB-C to my Hard drive bay enclosure.
      • Set up MergerFS with 4 harddrives, and 1 drive as my Parity(SnapRaid)

I am able to see the shared folders I created when looking thru Dolphin File Manager and RPI4 file manager and connect to them. My next task was to see how to mount them permanently and use JDownloader on my Laptop or Raspberry Pi 4 to download. However, everytime I mounted them, and tried to initiate a download with JDownloader, I would get "Invalid Directory" from JDownloader. The example below is my step of making the folder and mounting it, and from this link( Share is read/write from Windows, but "Permission Denied" from Linux ) on how to set it up

Code
    ## FOR LAPTOP AND RASPBERRY PI MOUNT THAT JDOWNLOADER DETECTS AS INVALID DIRECTORY

sudo mkdir /mnt/<folder_name>
    sudo mount -t cifs -o user=<enter_user>,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777  //<IP_of_OMV>//Media /mnt/<folder_name>

When I do this, JDownloader and RPI4 do not see this as a valid directory. Upon further playing around, I notice that my external hard drive, when connecting it thru USB, gets mounted to "/run/media/<user>/<drive_label>". Seeing this, I decided to change up my mounts as below:

Code
    ## FOR LAPTOP MOUNT THAT JDOWNLOADER DETECTS AS VALID DIRECTORY

sudo mkdir /run/media/<user>/<folder_name>
    sudo mount -t cifs -o user=<enter_user>,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 //<IP_of_OMV>//Media /run/media/<user>/<folder_name>

## FOR RASPBERRY PI MOUNT THAT JDOWNLOADER DETECTS AS VALID DIRECTORY
    sudo mkdir /run/mount/<folder_name>
    sudo mount -t cifs -o user=<enter_user>,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777 //<IP_of_OMV>//Media /run/media/<user>/<folder_name>

With the listed commands above, I get access to my OMV Shared Folders and JDownloader on both laptop and Raspberry Pi 4 detect it as Valid directory.

My question is: Why does mounting it in the "/run/...." folder work while mounting it in the "/mount/...." or "/srv/...." does not work? Hope someone can clarify why this is happening.

Hopefully I am in the right thread to ask this question also.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!