A question for FolderSync users

• Hey guys. I have FolderSync Pro app installed and I'm using it to backup my pictures and videos to my NAS once a week. And that works fine. I backup my pictures to an "uncategorized" folder (to sort them later, and once I do, I move them to their perspective folders, and that uncategorized folder remains empty) and my videos to the 'watch' folder of Handbrake (to automatically compress them). But, here's my issue. Once I backup and sort my images, I want FolderSync to backup only newly created pictures and videos, not all of them from the start. I use one-way backup system, not syncing. How can I manage this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

To manage the files on my smartphone I do the following:

- I use the syncthing application to synchronize the folders on my smartphone to a "mobile" folder on my server. Inside the "mobile" folder are the subfolders photos, whatsapp, downloads. [How-To] Install Syncthing using Docker

- The "mobile" folder is located within my personal documents as one more folder and shared by samba.

- Through Nextcloud I have that folder mounted in my Nextcloud files through external storage (samba)

- On my PC I have the Nextcloud file synchronization application installed.

Result: On my PC, among other folders, I have a folder called "mobile" where all the files on the smartphone appear in real time. When I delete a file in that folder on my PC it gets deleted on the smartphone. In addition, every night an automatic backup of the documents is made on the server, including the "mobile" folder, with all the files on the smartphone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!