System Crashing

• Hi,

I just update to OMV 6, without any big problems.

I need to add the extra repos an then the system was running.

No I meat at 2 days the same problems. The server I crashing completly. No login in by the ssh is possible.
    Also directly on the server it seam to be not possible to connect. There are only some error messages shown but no login prompt. (see screenshots)

By searching in the Log file syslog I found the following:

Code
    systemd[1]: run-docker-runtime\x2drunc-moby-03d8ff7b4467bf695960b0dade22fa057e2254793d9d848c34a07859971ea057-runc.OVaRfM.mount: Succeeded.

After this there isn't any entry after this message.

Does anybody got an idea where this Is coming from?

If you need further logfiles please let me know.

Cheers Robert

• I can't read much on the screenshot, but hit enter and you get to the login prompt.

The error messages just make it disappear.

Then try to get the error messages into a code block so someone can read them.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I can't read much on the screenshot, but hit enter and you get to the login prompt.

The error messages just make it disappear.

Then try to get the error messages into a code block so someone can read them.

Hi Zoki,

thanks for your answer. Hit Enter is not possible. Looks like the system ist totally hang up.

Also ssh connection is not possible. But the system is able to ping.

But on pushing the on off button short, the system is going to turning off.

Attached are the screenshots in better resolution

Cheers Robert

• The disk sda does not respond in time, that's why it hangs.

Do you have any errors in the boot process before the login prompt is shown?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• The disk sda does not respond in time, that's why it hangs.

Do you have any errors in the boot process before the login prompt is shown?

Did not see anything.

Special advice which logfile or what especially to search Integrieren lockfile?

How do you see that it is comping from sda?

The server was running running without any issues before upgrading to omv6

Cheers Robert

OMV 5.x always up to date.
    Modded dell t20 into 19" rack case with Pearl LCD Display (Status Display!)

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

• Looks like it is an kernel Problem

I just use now the „old“ LTS kernel 5.10 and not the Backborts 5.14.

Hi further crash or any other problems

OMV 5.x always up to date.
    Modded dell t20 into 19" rack case with Pearl LCD Display (Status Display!)

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!