Plex Container/Portainer Install

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks again all. I already made the change, and all seems to be working well. I look forward to the install adventures when OMV6 becomes stable and I update to run full 64bit with Debian Bullseye... FUN! :)

Well, the beauty of it is, if you set this all up right.. you could clean install 6, import your containers to docker on the new install and it would be like nothing ever happened.. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

A little background: every time you create a new user in OMV they automatically become a part of the group “users” which is PGID 100. That is why the yml (or stack) needs “PGID=100”.

That is one thing that initially confused me w/ OMV a long time ago. On most Linux systems, you create a username, and an identical group is created for that user. In this context, the UID/GID of that user, is probably going to be the same. Example from my laptop

Code
    ken@asus:~$ id ken
    uid=1000(ken) gid=1000(ken) groups=1000(ken),4(adm),24(cdrom),27(sudo),30(dip),46(plugdev),115(lpadmin)
    ken@asus:~$ 

Votdev seems to have opted to put all new users in the "users" group (100), and eschewed creating a group for each user... which if you want to do that is still easy enough. Just create the "username" group under Groups, and add said user to it.

What he done makes perfect sense given the user base of OMV and what it's being used for... I just remember having some confusion on that in the beginning, as my Ubuntu server I always used my "ken" group for permissions. I still do now on OMV.. I just had to create that group manually.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks again all. I already made the change, and all seems to be working well. I look forward to the install adventures when OMV6 becomes stable and I update to run full 64bit with Debian Bullseye... FUN!

For even more fun, go for Nextcloud ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!