Plex Container/Portainer Install

• I think I have to become more trained with Docker. For whatever reason, I'm following step-by-step, but still, won't make that web gui connection. I can see the files/folders in my network, but can't within the container...

Oh well, I am sure one day it will come.

• This section was missing tin the docker-compose.yml:

Code
     ports:
       -yyy:xxx

Which was the reason, it could not be reachd by the browser. I think KM0201 is using swag, fibrou is not. yyy and xxx are placeholders for what plex needs.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This section was missing tin the docker-compose.yml:

Code
     ports:
       -yyy:xxx

Which was the reason, it could not be reachd by the browser. I think KM0201 is using swag, fibrou is not. yyy and xxx are placeholders for what plex needs.

Nope, I copied it straight from the linuxserver page... it didn't have the ports there either (which I found odd)... it worked fine for me just as I gave it to him... I was going to suggest adding the ports and removing host. What I gave him on post #6 is right off dockerhub..

• Offizieller Beitrag

As you can see, I'm not running any published reports either....

Here's the compose I just used..

and it installed and ran no problem. The container clearly shows no defined ports on my setup...

• You are rRIght, missed the network_mode: host

So many ways to set up a container ...

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are rRIght, missed the network_mode: host

So many ways to set up a container ...

Yup... sometimes options are to our peril.. :)

I wonder why "host" worked on my system however (as the docker-hub page says)... but not on his. I'm assuming something with his network that isn't an issue on mine. That said, nuking the network mode and then adding the ports *probably* would have fixed it. Then all he'd have had to do is go back and add his other volumes in and redeploy the stack.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The op never showed his yml. You may have given it to him straight but he may have made a mistake in adjusting it. His error log complained about something to do with syntax and his GUID. Also, there was mention in it about click. He may may not have his time and date set properly. I’ve highlighted the parts in the log below:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, dang it, the code box didn’t hold my bold highlight. It was line 2 and the last line. Also, in your yml example There was no path to media.

• Ok, y'all got me thinking to give it another go...

Let's see if I can take it one step at a time...

I have reinstalled Docker and Portainer. Below is the "stack" I have entered. What changes do you suggest I make to give it another test?

BTW, my "id" list is as follows:

uid=1000(pi) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),4(adm),20(dialout),24(cdrom),27(sudo),29(audio),44(video),46(plugdev),60(games),105(input),109(netdev),111(ssh),989(docker),997(gpio),998(i2c),999(spi),1000(pi)

• Then try to access the web ui by http://<ip_of_your_omv_server>:32400/web and report back.

Did you set the permissions for the /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-84dd4d45-477b-4c80-8700-85af38f059e0/jpbs1TbDockerData/plex to 1000:100

Post output of:

ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-84dd4d45-477b-4c80-8700-85af38f059e0 and

ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-84dd4d45-477b-4c80-8700-85af38f059e0/jpbs1TbDockerData/plex

When this works, we add tv and movies.

• Show me the docker storage location in the omv-extras menu.

• --userId arg User that owns this product

--platform arg Platform string

--platformVersion arg Platform version string

--vendor arg Vendor string

--device arg Device string

--model arg Device model string

--sentryUrl arg Sentry URL to upload to

--sentryKey arg Sentry Key for the project

--version arg Version of the product

--allowRetries arg Whether we will allow retries

Starting Plex Media Server.

libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__2::system_error: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) failed: Operation not permittedlibc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__2::system_error: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) failed: Operation not permitted

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.25.2.5319-c43dc0277/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/fd4ab4d2-28ba-445a-3b853d82-b4ed10f1.dmp

Error in command line:the argument for option '--serverUuid' should follow immediately after the equal sign

Crash Uploader options (all are required):

--directory arg Directory to scan for crash reports

--serverUuid arg UUID of the server that crashed

--userId arg User that owns this product

libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__2::system_error: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) failed: Operation not permittedlibc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__2::system_error: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) failed: Operation not permitted

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.25.2.5319-c43dc0277/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/a366d7eb-a12b-4e5c-99b29992-0d1f19ca.dmp

Error in command line:the argument for option '--serverUuid' should follow immediately after the equal sign

libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__2::system_error: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) failed: Operation not permitted

libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::__2::system_error: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) failed: Operation not permitted

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.25.2.5319-c43dc0277/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/03123960-c843-438e-5e13c0bf-8e1485ef.dmp

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.25.2.5319-c43dc0277/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/c540a3eb-ded1-43c9-96bbb9b3-eee6bcf0.dmp

****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.25.2.5319-c43dc0277/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/5d1440de-6f99-4faf-fe1c4895-82d92872.dmp

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, dang it, the code box didn’t hold my bold highlight. It was line 2 and the last line. Also, in your yml example There was no path to media.

That was intentional... I was trying to narrow down his problem so I started w/ just the very basics... I figured if we got it going we'd just go back and add them to the stack later and redeploy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!