• I tried for testing purposes, to run OMV 6 in a VM (virtualbox on my OMV4) and then add KVM, but it seams that results in numerous errors when creating a VM, no matter the selected structure. Is the VM in a VM thing the issue or did I botch sometting in the installation / setup?

Network

Pool

rest is empty.

On submitting the VM creation I get this

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nested virtualization requires certain cpu features enabled on the host. It is easy with kvm on the host. You will have to google how to do it with virtualbox. I do lots of testing of the kvm plugin in a VM running on OMV/kvm plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I just crashed my OMV4 the first time in years, by loading a docker container via portainer in the virtualboxed OMV6 *g*

I get a ping, but nothing else, no ssh, no access to any of the vms, no files no notihng. going to be a hard reset in the wee hours of backup time. Well that su*ks

Lucky me, that box has iLo, dont need to go there for a hardware reset *g*

I guess i go back to my stand alone proliant

• okay, i got the omv4 host and the virtualized omv6 host back and tried to download the image before creating the VM.

that did throw a tamper tantrum in portainer, but i was to slow to catch the error in a screnn shot, so I thought i do it again. on second try it did what it should do and the image showed up. what ever.

then i got the docker container online... funny thing

edit: and successfully started the FHEM container and promoted it. i have to ask my self maybe docker isnt that bad at all?

• indeed i have to rethink docker. got Home Assistant to work. impressiv thing thou. I guess, i switcht to 6 rather sooner than later. i like those features.

now i just have to go back to a hardware machine to test out the kvm thing and I'm done and ready to jump the 6 train when its leaving the beta station.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!