SMB3 access changed

• Hello, I'm hoping this is something stupid that someone here will recognize :D

Everything was working fine....then I had to redo my openwrt router, and update my windows10 machine.

before, from windows file explorer I could access my samba share from openmediavault simply by double clicking it in the NETWORK area and putting in the credentials.

anyway, here's what I have:

\\192.168.1.xxx\ - works

\\OMV_SERVER.local - works

\\OMV_SERVER - doesn't work, but worked before

I have a linux and different windows 10 machine both working find, it's not OMV. Any clues what I did here? I rebooted etc, turn on SMB3 in powershell, fooled with a bunch of registry things per this forum and the internet, but nothing is working.

thanks for any tips!

• Just a guess, as i do not have enough info:

What happens is that before the windows clients knew they were in the domain local and used that to resolve host names. No they do not know it and cant't find it.

If you get yout IPs from the router via DHCP, you have to tell the DHCP-server there to push domain local to the clients.

or mDNS / zeroconf / avhi / Bonjour (known by so many names) is not working on the windows pc.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!