Problems after update to latest 5.6.23

• I don't know, but if you can tell them apart from you hard disks just try.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• so i've restored the image successfully, so i'm happy to have a working procedure for the future. But the restored image also boots into the same problems described in this thread here. So i have proven, that it's not a faulty usb stick. I have proven, that my system isn't working completely what i haven't discovered before reboot.

So what are my options now?

• First of all document how you restored the USB stick for others. Not so much docum,entation for mac users here.

Second: Please summarize, what problems you encountered, there have been many and some resolved. Just the current state and what you already did to try to resolve it, so we have the required nformation at hand.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• First of all document how you restored the USB stick for others. Not so much docum,entation for mac users here.

Second: Please summarize, what problems you encountered, there have been many and some resolved. Just the current state and what you already did to try to resolve it, so we have the required nformation at hand.

sure see below

- Initial state: - running omv on DELL bare metal server with at usb boot stick. Docker and KVM running (no proxmox)

- running for 20 days without booting - everything fine.

- updated to 5.6.23-1 and reboot - Problems start. Blamed the update, but it's NOT the update

Discovered problems:

- Web GUI not starting

- NUT plugin not starting

- KVM not working

- Blamed a faulty USB Stick. - recreated USB boot stick from omv backup plugin dd image backup

- steps for mac osx:

- take the dd image and unzip it eg:

- in terminal: gunzip -c /image.img.gz

- attach new usb drive to computer

- find out the correct device name. in terminal: diskutil list

- look for stuff like:

/dev/disk2 (external, physical):

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: *16.0 GB disk2

imager

- change directory to the location where you have extracted the dd image in terminal

- use this command in terminal: sudo dd if=./image of=/dev/rdiskX bs=1m

- Explanation: change term "image" to your dd imagename. Change rdiskX to the name of thr device which you've found out with

diskutil list

go take a coffee - 16 GB USB stick took about 30-60 mins to create

So!

after that i can boot from the newly created usb stick, but my backup just backed up the already existing problems, so i'm stuck. There problems are:

- Web GUI not starting

- NUT plugin not starting

- KVM not working

the solutions discussed in this thread so far didn't help

• Did you create the second USB stick from an image taken from the already faulty system or a previuso backup known goog?

systemctl status nginx.service

systemctl status php7.3-fpm.service

journalctl -xe

ls -l /var/run

ls /run

• as mentioned the server was running 20 days in a row without showing a problem, as i'm doing daily backups for the last 8 days, i suspect i have backuped the faulty system according to murphys law.....

Code
    ls -l /var/run
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jul 31 21:50 /var/run -> /run
  • OK; nginx is running, php failed, but yYour window isn't wide enough, messages get cut off:

Code
    Jan 13 12:04:02 omvserver systemd[1]: php7.3-fpm.service: Main process exited, c

Jan 13 12:04:02 omvserver systemd[1]: php7.3-fpm.service: Failed with result 'ex
    Jan 13 12:04:02 omvserver systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP 7.3 FastCGI Proces

not very helpful

• php7.3-fpm.service - The PHP 7.3 FastCGI Process Manager

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/php7.3-fpm.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2022-01-13 12:31:23 CET; 25s ago

Docs: man:php-fpm7.3(8)

Process: 1146 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/php-fpm7.3 --nodaemonize --fpm-config /etc/php/7.3/fpm/php-fpm.conf (code=exited, status=78)

Main PID: 1146 (code=exited, status=78)

Jan 13 12:31:23 omvserver systemd[1]: Starting The PHP 7.3 FastCGI Process Manager...

Jan 13 12:31:23 omvserver php-fpm7.3[1146]: [13-Jan-2022 12:31:23] ERROR: unable to bind listening socket for address '/run/php/php7.3-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock': No such file or directory (2)

Jan 13 12:31:23 omvserver php-fpm7.3[1146]: [13-Jan-2022 12:31:23] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

Jan 13 12:31:23 omvserver systemd[1]: php7.3-fpm.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=78/CONFIG

Jan 13 12:31:23 omvserver systemd[1]: php7.3-fpm.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Jan 13 12:31:23 omvserver systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP 7.3 FastCGI Process Manager.

~

~

~

~

• ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; FPM Configuration ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; All relative paths in this configuration file are relative to PHP's install

; prefix (/usr). This prefix can be dynamically changed by using the

; '-p' argument from the command line.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Global Options ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

[global]

; Pid file

; Note: the default prefix is /var

; Default Value: none

pid = /run/php/php7.3-fpm.pid

; Error log file

; If it's set to "syslog", log is sent to syslogd instead of being written

; into a local file.

; Note: the default prefix is /var

; Default Value: log/php-fpm.log

error_log = /var/log/php7.3-fpm.log

; syslog_facility is used to specify what type of program is logging the

; message. This lets syslogd specify that messages from different facilities

; will be handled differently.

; See syslog(3) for possible values (ex daemon equiv LOG_DAEMON)

; Default Value: daemon

;syslog.facility = daemon

; syslog_ident is prepended to every message. If you have multiple FPM

; instances running on the same server, you can change the default value

; which must suit common needs.

; Default Value: php-fpm

;syslog.ident = php-fpm

; Log level

; Possible Values: alert, error, warning, notice, debug

; Default Value: notice

;log_level = notice

; Log limit on number of characters in the single line (log entry). If the

; line is over the limit, it is wrapped on multiple lines. The limit is for

; all logged characters including message prefix and suffix if present. However

; the new line character does not count into it as it is present only when

; logging to a file descriptor. It means the new line character is not present

; when logging to syslog.

; Default Value: 1024

;log_limit = 4096

; Log buffering specifies if the log line is buffered which means that the

; line is written in a single write operation. If the value is false, then the

; data is written directly into the file descriptor. It is an experimental

; option that can potentionaly improve logging performance and memory usage

; for some heavy logging scenarios. This option is ignored if logging to syslog

; as it has to be always buffered.

; Default value: yes

;log_buffering = no

; If this number of child processes exit with SIGSEGV or SIGBUS within the time

; interval set by emergency_restart_interval then FPM will restart. A value

; of '0' means 'Off'.

; Default Value: 0

;emergency_restart_threshold = 0

; Interval of time used by emergency_restart_interval to determine when

; a graceful restart will be initiated. This can be useful to work around

; accidental corruptions in an accelerator's shared memory.

; Available Units: s(econds), m(inutes), h(ours), or d(ays)

; Default Unit: seconds

;emergency_restart_interval = 0

; Time limit for child processes to wait for a reaction on signals from master.

; Available units: s(econds), m(inutes), h(ours), or d(ays)

;process_control_timeout = 0

; The maximum number of processes FPM will fork. This has been designed to control

; the global number of processes when using dynamic PM within a lot of pools.

; Use it with caution.

; Note: A value of 0 indicates no limit

; process.max = 128

; Specify the nice(2) priority to apply to the master process (only if set)

; The value can vary from -19 (highest priority) to 20 (lowest priority)

; Note: - It will only work if the FPM master process is launched as root

; - The pool process will inherit the master process priority

; unless specified otherwise

; Default Value: no set

; process.priority = -19

; Send FPM to background. Set to 'no' to keep FPM in foreground for debugging.

; Default Value: yes

;daemonize = yes

; Set open file descriptor rlimit for the master process.

; Default Value: system defined value

;rlimit_files = 1024

; Set max core size rlimit for the master process.

; Possible Values: 'unlimited' or an integer greater or equal to 0

; Default Value: system defined value

;rlimit_core = 0

; Specify the event mechanism FPM will use. The following is available:

; - select (any POSIX os)

; - poll (any POSIX os)

; - epoll (linux >= 2.5.44)

; - kqueue (FreeBSD >= 4.1, OpenBSD >= 2.9, NetBSD >= 2.0)

; - /dev/poll (Solaris >= 7)

; - port (Solaris >= 10)

; Default Value: not set (auto detection)

;events.mechanism = epoll

; When FPM is built with systemd integration, specify the interval,

; in seconds, between health report notification to systemd.

; Set to 0 to disable.

; Available Units: s(econds), m(inutes), h(ours)

; Default value: 10

;systemd_interval = 10

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Pool Definitions ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Multiple pools of child processes may be started with different listening

; ports and different management options. The name of the pool will be

; used in logs and stats. There is no limitation on the number of pools which

; FPM can handle. Your system will tell you anyway :)

; Include one or more files. If glob(3) exists, it is used to include a bunch of

; files from a glob(3) pattern. This directive can be used everywhere in the

; file.

; Relative path can also be used. They will be prefixed by:

; - the global prefix if it's been set (-p argument)

; - /usr otherwise

include=/etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/*.conf

• Please, gain the habit of using the codebox available when posting (It's the symbol </> on the top-right)

It will be easier to read:

• ok!

i've found a conf file in /etc/init which is called

php7.3-fpm.conf which has exactly the creation of the php folder included, which is not working during boot/start

• Without knowing if it will work or not, maybe you can run (and you do have a backup, just in case, ;)

sudo omv-salt run deploy nginx

sudo omv-salt run deploy phpfpm

• the phpfpm deploy failed

• Sorry this is out of my league.

Better wait for some other views.

thank you very much, you helpled a lot and WHOOHOO!!

i have solved the problem after using your command "sudo omv-salt run deploy phpfpm" via google, i've found a github issue here:

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ult-flashmemory/issues/24

even though this issue was from 2020 there it's mentioned that uninstalling the flashmemory plugin might help. And this was true!

The interesting point now is, that i'm not aware of a recent update of the flashmemory plugin. I have this enabled since initial setup.

Now my question is, can i run the server with my usb stick as boot drive WITHOUT this plugin. I was reading somewhere, that the usb stick may suffer without it

• Offizieller Beitrag

The interesting point now is, that i'm not aware of a recent update of the flashmemory plugin

This plugin was recently updated to add a GUI entry.

Now my question is, can i run the server with my usb stick as boot drive WITHOUT this plugin.

Without the plugin your unit will not last long, you should have it installed.

• Please read what you post:

Code
     See "systemctl status php7.3-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" 

Waht is the output of these commands?

And in the previous post:

Code
    ERROR: unable to bind listening socket for address '/run/php/php7.3-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock': No such file or directory (2)

ls -l /run/php

• what are you trying to say?

ls -l /run/php. ???

at the start of this thread i discovered that this directory is missing and is not created during boot.

After uninstalling the flashmemory plugin, the directory is created on boot time

the interesting point is, it needs to be created during boot time, as only then the other issues (KVM not working, NUT not working) are also solved.

So, as i've leraned from chente, i need the plugin AND it was updated recently. So i'll try to reinstall it now

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!