PHP7.4 error on clean Raspbian/DietPi using the installation script.

• Hello,

I currently have openmediavault running as my main (home) NAS. HP T630 Thin Client + 2TB USB HDD + Proxmox and OMV as a VM and . It all works as expected (nicely). The problem/challenge I have now is that if said USB HDD fails. Be it software, be it hardware, I lose my precious data. So I thought of repurposing an old RPi 1B+ to run a second OMV with it's own 2TB USB HDD attached (I'll figure out the power problems). It's only task would be to run a full backup of the main 2TB HDD once a month or so. I know it's recommended against using the older Pi, but since its job would be very simple, I thought I'd give it a try.

The problem I run into is the following:

- Freshly burned Raspbian Bullseye on 8GB sdcard.

- Done update, upgrade, dist-upgrade, wifi & ssh setup, reboot.

- Downloaded the OMV install script for Debian.

- Changed the permissions as per tutorial (link).

- Ran the script as root.

After doing it's thing for a while, I see an error occuring regarding PHP7.4. The installation process seems to stop after that.

Going to the ip of the Pi, it shows a nginx page saying nginx installed correctly (or something simlar). But nothing of OMV.

I redid the whole process 3 times now. 2x with Raspbian Bullseye and 1x with DietPi. Both give similar error. Both logs are attached.

Now I'm going to try with the older Raspbian version (Buster). But does anyone know what could be wrong? I can find very little about this on google, and if it's buster/bullseye related, I would expect to find more threads/sites about it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It seems to work on Raspbian Buster. The installation is still ongoing, but it has passed the point of error now by a while.

EDIT2: It finished the installation on Buster, but at boot it still trows 2 errors:

Failed to start Wait for Network to be Configuerd.

Failed to start the PHP 7.3 FastCGI Process Manager

It seems like it also doesnt connect to WiFi anymore. Cant ping it from my PC, or ping my PC from it.

When starting omv-firstaid and try to reconfigure the network, it throws Failed to connect /var/lib/openmediavault/engined.sock: [Errno 2] No such file or directory.

Trying sudo apt install openmediavault --reinstall now.

• Istria

Hat den Titel des Themas von „PHP7.4 error on clean Raspbian (bullseye) using the installation script.“ zu „PHP7.4 error on clean Raspbian/DietPi using the installation script.“ geändert.
  • crashtest

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • crashtest

• Agricola

• Offizieller Beitrag

RPi 1B+

Too old and too slow. It isn't true armhf and there is no repos for armel in omv-extras.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Instead of using OMV on that Pi (not supported), run only the RaspiOS lite on the Pi.

Install rsync (don't know if it is pre-installed and use it as client for you main Server.

• Instead of using OMV on that Pi (not supported), run only the RaspiOS lite on the Pi.

Install rsync (don't know if it is pre-installed and use it as client for you main Server.

I guess that will probably be what is going to happen. I was just hoping to try it with the OMV GUI first instead of figuring out how to do it manually without OMV.

Or maybe I'll use a RPi3 for it. But I was hoping to keep that one in my 3D printer running OctoPrint.

Still curious though on what the problem is with the installation. Is there another installation method I could try?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Still curious though on what the problem is with the installation. Is there another installation method I could try?

RPi1 is really armel. Raspberry Pi OS is armhf enough to work on the RPi1 but that causes the armhf components of OMV to be installed which will not work on RPi1. There are no armel omv-extras repos which means any plugin that is not architecture specific would have to be manually installed. The system would take minutes to save changes and just painfully slow. I really suggest not wasting your time with an RPi1.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Setting up rsync manually on the Pi is super easy, but is it woth it, The Pi 1 is really slow, I am using my Pi to monitor my USP and you really notice in the cli when some process is running.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Thanks for all the advice.

I concluded in hindsight that the whole Pi backup system is a bit overkill for what I want to do and probably has more cons than pros.

Pros:

- The monthly or quarterly backup is automated.

- I can keep the backup at a remote location, adding protection against a house fire.

Cons: By having it plugged in 24/7 I'm just adding more failure possibilities. Lightning strike, ransomware and probably stuff I don't even know about.

I think the best solution for me is to simply have a single 2TB drive connected to OMV, as my primary storage share. And keep the backup drive in a drawer and connect it to my laptop once a month to run a Windows version of rsync between the OMV share and the USB connected backup drive. Or plug it in the OMV machine and do the sync with the native gui function (although I've had problems with error messages when a configured file system is "missing"). And once finished, disconnect it and store it back in the drawer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Or plug it in the OMV machine and do the sync with the native gui function

The usbbackup plugin is for that. Is that what you tried? Works great for me. Once configured just plugin the drive and the backup job will start. The plugin can send you an email once completed and you can unplug the drive.

Mounting and unmounting of the filesystem is done automatically.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!