Can't forward ports to Docker Apps - Solved!

• Leave From port as shown in your first screenshot completely blank.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• From port is external port in DDWrt speak, not port range.

Try 0.0.0.0/0 fo source net. Maybe it helps, but this is doing voodoo now.

Great, thanks - I have changed the settings. FYI - the "Port from" is required.

Unfortunately this gets the same result in the port scanner.

• Great, thanks - I have changed the settings. FYI - the "Port from" is required.

Unfortunately this gets the same result in the port scanner.

Please. If you are not going to try exactly as I suggest, then just say so, I will spend my time elsewhere.

Delete the Source Net and delete the From port.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Plex works

Unfortunately not - I had just switched it back to look at the windows pc because a family member wanted to watch something off of my server. Speaking of Plex, in the Plex remote access setup it (not surprisingly) detects that remote access is not set up correctly when I point the port to the Docker App.

• How many times are you going to continue making the same mistakes, even after they have been repeatedly pointed out to you?

--

• Please. If you are not going to try exactly as I suggest, then just say so, I will spend my time elsewhere.

Delete the Source Net and delete the From port.

And please keep in mind that I am following suggestions that both of you are feeding me. I added "Source Net" at Zoki's urging as it was not originally set (and not working). Again, I am happy to try any suggestions. Also, as I noted in the post that you replied to the "From port" is required in DDWRT so I could not remove it.

• It is really strange, that port forwardign to one system works and not to another in the same local network. Settings look correct to me. Although I do not see anything in the firewall rules of the omv the last thing before giving up is:

• stop the docker daemon (systemctl stop docker)
    • forward a port to the omv web ui
    • try external access

If this does not halt, you could you ask in the ddwrt formus if there is a chance to check the firewall logs.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• docker creates it's own networks, but this should not be a problem, as long as you have the correct port assignement in you docker-compose files.

Have you been able to test with the omv web ui?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• docker creates it's own networks, but this should not be a problem, as long as you have the correct port assignement in you docker-compose files.

Have you been able to test with the omv web ui?

Thank you again. I did pass port 80 to .100 and it came back with a fail (I tested on my phone as well). I am mildly surprised by this because I was able to pass ports to a windows session running on virtualbox on .100 before upgrading to 5.

• I am still in doubt if this is related to docker at all, except it may be messing with your firewall rules.

Yopu could try to remove docker (do not purge) and try if you can forward to the omv ui,

I have no idea of what to do except that and take one part out of the puzzel.

• I am still in doubt if this is related to docker at all, except it may be messing with your firewall rules.

Yopu could try to remove docker (do not purge) and try if you can forward to the omv ui,

I have no idea of what to do except that and take one part out of the puzzel.

Sure, sounds good. How would I temporarily remove docker?

• apt-get remove docker-ce 

Well, good news and bad news. The good news is that I could pass through the port to the OMV GUI. The bad news is that it looks like running that command may have hosed my setup. It now says that Portainer is not installed and it errors out if I try to install it. Docker won't start - I get an error trying to initialize docker.service. Hopefully there is a way to undo this?

There is one other change that I had made yesterday that didn't occur to me until a minute ago. I had removed a switch in my network that brought the OMV box one step closer to the router (there is now only one switch in between). I had meant to try this test yesterday but then ran out of time.

• When you remove docker-ce you remove docker capability. If you want it back, reinstall docker from the OMV GUI.

--

• When you remove docker-ce you remove docker capability. If you want it back, reinstall docker from the OMV GUI.

Thank you for your response. Just to be clear, it shows that Docker is installed but not running. I click install and everything appears to be good (it shows ports, etc). If I click restart it errors out:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!