miniITX motherboard with embedded cpu - [looking for advices]

• My HP Microserver is getting too old to properly run the photoprism docker that will replace my gPhoto account (expecially because of the AI running face recognition)

Once miniITX mb were quite common and the default option for a small NAS (up to 6 bays)

Nowadays many more even smaller form factor have drained the interest from this one (NUC, etc)

But still thank to connection standards like oculink you can really get a lot form this form factor

Unfortuatelly it looks like there are only industrial boards (with the little room wasted for serials ports and so on and with awkward Atom cpus

I'd like a modern miniITX sporting a Zen3 based cpu (V3xxx) embedded (as far as the embedded cpus have a lower TDP), with 1-2 10GBe ports, oculink for the storage, hdmi/vga poutput for thoubleshouting and installation, an eSata or usb3.1 for external backup, ngff NVMe slot for the baremetal hypervisor

Any suggestions?

• ice.man

Hat den Titel des Themas von „miniITX motherboard with embedded cpu“ zu „miniITX motherboard with embedded cpu - [looking for advices]“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Any suggestions?

Maybe here you will find what you are looking for.

https://www.asrockrack.com/general/products.asp#Server

• HP Microserver

which model exactly (product number on manufacturer label)? I seem to remember that on some models CPU could be upgraded, giving much more CPU power on the cheap

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Ive installed OMV (5 and 6) on Asrock Q1900, J5040, J5005 and ASUS J1900/J1800 mini ITX boards with no issues. Also on RPi4 and no problems. I'm running an RPi4 with 18TB HDD attached and it works fine. My most interestnig play is with a Beelink U59 NUC (CPU = N5040). On this I used a SATA socket extention cable so that I could attach a 16TB HDD (seperately powered). The U59 works very well, it is very low power and runs very cool. Interestingly I had problems installing OMV6 on the NUC but OMV5 instalaled no problem. I reckon the NUC approach is the best way forward these days. Only down side is they mostly only have 1 SATA port, but for me thats fine I just use big HDD's.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!