Missing hard drive in 'File Systems'

• New fresh v5 install. Been using v4 for years

One of my hard drives is missing from the 'File Systems' tab.

As you can see in the picture, there are supposedly total of 47 items in the list (45 are 3.5" HDDs in the chassis)

For some reason, the list only shows 46 items.

This goes the same for 'Shared Folders'.

Always run update after installation

I can confirm all 45 hdds were detected by OMV in 'Disks' tab

Did dozen of reinstall v4 and v5 just to confirm it's happening only in v5 install.

This is driving me nut!!!

• So which drive is missing when compared to OMV4 or is it only a display error (off by one)?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• It is not a display error that the number is off by one, but the drive is not in the list.

does lsblk see it and blkid?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Ok, this is really weird.

If I sort by Label ascendingly, the missing drive is SGBKPLUS03 (/sdas)

If I sort by Label descendingly, the missing drive is SGBKPLUS04 (/sdan)

I figured it out because I tried to mount only 1 drive (SGBKPLUS04) to see what will happen. Then I reverse sorting it. Now the only mounted drive became SGBKPLUS03

Same thing happened if sort by Parent Device.

When sorting by Device(s), the list is not stable. Drives keep jumping up and down out of their positions.

In Shared Folders, the only drive showed up was SGBKPLUS03, no matter how I sort them in File Systems

blkid and lsblk show all 45 drives just fine

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please run omv-rpc -u admin 'FileSystemMgmt' 'getList' '{"start":0,"limit":-1}' | jq and post the output here.

The problem appeared in the past if there is a duplicate entry of the column used to order. The ExtJS framework then simply filters the duplicate entries. But this should not happen, otherwise this would mean that there is a duplicate device file which is not possible.

• Please run omv-rpc -u admin 'FileSystemMgmt' 'getList' '{"start":0,"limit":-1}' | jq and post the output here.

The problem appeared in the past if there is a duplicate entry of the column used to order. The ExtJS framework then simply filters the duplicate entries. But this should not happen, otherwise this would mean that there is a duplicate device file which is not possible.

Here it is. I did find a duplicate UUID "94664795664776D0". the UUID is the same for both SGBKPLUS03 and SGBKPLUS04

What should I do now?

Wondering what cause this duplicate?

(The full output is too long so I have to trim off the rest)

• Thank you so much for helping me out guys!! Really!!

So I'm in process of configuring unionfs (adding removing drives). I hit Apply. wait for everything to finish applying. Reboot. Then these error shows up and OMV failed to startup

This issue actually happened several times before when I was trying to fix the issue missing File Systems by myself in the beginning (and failed). I think it's related to UnionFS because if it happened, it was always after I add/remove hard drive in UnionFS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!