ad/ldap plugin for OMV 6.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

No use on empresarial bussiness at the moment because important features no has supported.

I have used OMV for business since 0.2 release.

Docker is a workaround,

No, it really isn't. The enterprise world uses lots of containers.

so many layer between client and server, Proxmox, Openmediavault, disk herachy and Docker. So you need mount openmediavault folder on docker to keep certs and configurations. It is not a good solution to production environment. Proxmox could be supresed, but so many layers same.

I wrote a script that given a location and a couple other parameters, it will update the OMV cert from the command line. You could schedule this to run. You could also run the kvm plugin on OMV eliminating proxmox. This allows docker and VMs on same host.

then, duplicated users?

No. Users created in OMV's web interface are added to /etc/password just like users created from the command line. How would they be duplicated?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi all, i'm adapting the plugin for version 5:

GitHub - seb36273/openmediavault-ldap: Adapts official LDAP plugin from OMV4 to OMV5
    Adapts official LDAP plugin from OMV4 to OMV5. Contribute to seb36273/openmediavault-ldap development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

to version 6 with also some bug fix.

GitHub - lucapiccio/openmediavault-ldap: Adapts official LDAP plugin from OMV5 to OMV6
    Adapts official LDAP plugin from OMV5 to OMV6. Contribute to lucapiccio/openmediavault-ldap development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

Is currently under development but it should be work.

I'm writing the web admin part.

- added to smb machine and uid OU

- forced to StartTLS ou SSL (desacived clear text connexion)

- conifigured to ignore cert validity to permit selfsigned cert

- patched signaled bugs in origin repository for config files

- Created .deb inside the repo to make more easy the installation

Have a nice days
    Luca

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is currently under development

Good work. Why maintain OMV 5 backwards compatibility? OMV 5 is EOL'd.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good work. Why maintain OMV 5 backwards compatibility? OMV 5 is EOL'd.

Glad somebody is working on this. But have to agree 5 is eol and 6 was very different for some reason. See

There is a script for version 5 here somewhere on the forum for comparison. I will be glad to test your solution.

• Is there any update on this plugin from luca (version 6)? I am trying to implement OMV in a Small Business and need to connect to an external LDAP server. I have tried following the steps to get it installed, it even says it is installed within the omv-extras section (green tick), however I cannot see the LDAP configuration menu item on the left hand side within all the other options to start configuring LDAP service. Am I missing something?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Am I missing something?

I don't think this plugin was completely finished being ported to OMV 5.x and definitely will not work on OMV 6.x.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!