Web Frontend crashed

• Hi everybody,

all of a sudden (and without actively doing something) the web frontend is no longer accessible. I'm running OMV6 on a Raspberry. I can access my samba shares, I do have access via SSH but the web frontend is not available. After reboot I get a bunch of emails (content listed below) telling me that something is wrong. However, I have no clue what this is all about and what to do now. Any help appreciated.

Andreas

Monitoring restart -- Does not exist php-fpm

Monitoring alert -- Execution failed php-fpm:

Code
    Host:        raspberrypi
    Date:        Thu, 20 Jan 2022 22:06:20
    Service:     php-fpm
    Event:       Execution failed
    Description: failed to start (exit status 1) -- '/bin/systemctl start php7.4-fpm': Job for php7.4-fpm.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process.
    See "systemctl status php7.4-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Monitoring restart -- Does not exist nginx

Monitoring alert -- Execution failed nginx:

Code
    Date:        Thu, 20 Jan 2022 22:06:51
    Service:     nginx
    Description: failed to start (exit status 1) -- '/bin/systemctl start nginx': Job for nginx.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process.
    See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Monitoring restart -- Does not exist omv-engined

Monitoring alert -- Execution failed omv-engined:

Code
    Date:        Thu, 20 Jan 2022 22:07:21
    Service:     omv-engined
    Description: failed to start (exit status 1) -- '/bin/systemctl start openmediavault-engined': Job for openmediavault-engined.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process.
    See "systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
  • Code
    See "systemctl status php7.4-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
    See "systemctl status nginx.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
    See "systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Sounds like reasonable advice to me

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Well, for a linux guy certainly true, for me.... just a mystery

Code
     php7.4-fpm.service - The PHP 7.4 FastCGI Process Manager
         Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/php7.4-fpm.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
         Active: failed (Result: signal) since Thu 2022-01-20 23:16:18 CET; 21s ago
           Docs: man:php-fpm7.4(8)
        Process: 2761 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/php-fpm7.4 --nodaemonize --fpm-config /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php-fpm.conf (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
        Process: 2762 ExecStopPost=/usr/lib/php/php-fpm-socket-helper remove /run/php/php-fpm.sock /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/www.conf 74 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
       Main PID: 2761 (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
            CPU: 25ms

Code
     nginx.service - A high performance web server and a reverse proxy server
         Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
         Active: failed (Result: signal) since Thu 2022-01-20 23:18:49 CET; 1min 3s ago
           Docs: man:nginx(8)
        Process: 2812 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t -q -g daemon on; master_process on; (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
            CPU: 48ms

Code
     openmediavault-engined.service - The OpenMediaVault engine daemon that processes the RPC request
         Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openmediavault-engined.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
         Active: failed (Result: signal) since Thu 2022-01-20 23:21:20 CET; 56s ago
        Process: 2866 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/omv-engined (code=killed, signal=SEGV)
            CPU: 30ms

• Thank you. Will do that tonight.

In addition to the email I aready posted above I received this message:

Code
    /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-check_locked_users:
    Segmentation fault
    Segmentation fault
    /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-flush-mailq:Segmentation fault
    Segmentation fault
    /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-pending_config_changes:Segmentation fault
    Segmentation fault

No clue what this tells me :(

• Corrupt file system or incorrect platform image?

Hm. Platform image should be OK as OMV was running flawlessly after installation for a month or so... This is basically an "out of the box" installation without any further modifications/addons/dockers etc...

Corrupt file system might well be but everything is working so far but the web frontend...

I'll post the output from omv-engined -d -f later when I#m back at home.

• Run this commands and post the output please:

uname -a

dpkg -l | grep openm

df -h

free

dmesg | grep voltage

• A segfault occours, when a program writes to a memory address, it is not supposed to.

If it was an occasional failure, I might believe, it is the memory, but I fear, it is a corrupted library somewhere. So you better go for a fresh install.

Shell scripts, PHP or python can not be the source if this, so it is not OMV, but something else.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Thanks for picking this up. Here are the outputs of the commands:

uname -a

Code
    Linux raspberrypi 5.10.63-v7l+ #1488 SMP Thu Nov 18 16:15:28 GMT 2021 armv7l GNU                                                                                                                     /Linux

dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    iU  openmediavault                       6.0.8-1                          all                                                                                                                               openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    iU  openmediavault-flashmemory           6.1                              all                                                                                                                               folder2ram plugin for openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring               1.0                              all                                                                                                                               GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg          6.0.5                            all                                                                                                                               OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

df -h

free

Code
                   total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:         3930860       69344      166588      215148     3694928     3502944
    Swap:         102396           0      102396

dmesg | grep voltage

Doesn't output anything.

I only can say that I didn't do anything to the system. I installed OMV 6 some four weeks ago without enabling any plugins or using docker etc... The problem occured all of a sudden from one dy to the other...

• OK. Looks like nobody has an idea. I'll start over from scratch and hope that it doesn't happpen again (whatever caused this issue).

Thanks for reading anyway.

Andreas

Did you reinstalled it?

Is everything normal or it still shows the same error?

• If you can, do what KM0201 showed in #11

It's not unusual that it might have a damaged component.

• Just FYI, doing the test on my 4Gb aarch64 Pi:

If you run and it shows the same, you need to consider getting a new SD card.

I use the Sandisk Extreme 32Gb and so far, haven't got any issues with them.

• This is my memest output. I ran 10 loops. Everything seems OK to me....

I also use a Sandisk Extreme 32Gb which I bought specifically for OMV three month ago...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!