UnionFS reduce number of drives

• Hi guys

I've got a failing drive in my pool, but i have enough space on the rest of them to absorb its content until I can get a new drive.

What would be the best way of doing this?

I have OMV running as a VM in Proxmox with the individual drives passed through

Basically have

Drive1

Drive2

Drive3

Drive4 - this is failing

So I just want to move everything from it and have

Drive1

Drive2

Drive3

Thanks for any help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What would be the best way of doing this?

- Edit the UnionFS group and remove Drive4 from the pool.

- Access by WinSCP or other means to Drive4 and change folder name. For example folder_name to folder_name_4.

- Mount folder_name_4 in OMV as a shared folder.

- Create an rsync job to copy folder_name4 to folder_name. This will only copy the missing files to the pool. IMPORTANT, DO NOT USE the delete option on this job, or you will lose pool data that does not exist in folder_name_4.

- Delete the rsync job, delete the shared folder and you can now unmount the failed disk.

• If you do not know how to do it, don't. You only need this for clarity.

In step 3 create a shared folder and name it "my_broken_disk" and add a path to the broken disk and the path you had in the unionfs.

Continue with step 4

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• If you do not know how to do it, don't. You only need this for clarity.

In step 3 create a shared folder and name it "my_broken_disk" and add a path to the broken disk and the path you had in the unionfs.

Continue with step 4

Perfect, that did the trick!

• xero998

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • xero998

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!