ruTorrent list gets deleted after reboot

• Hey guys. I'm using ruTorrent 0.9.6/0.13.6 in docker, and everything more or less fine, but after I reboot my machine I lose all my torrent from the list. My other settings remain, but the torrent list gets deleted. Anyone has any ideas why is this happening?

• Post all your container volume bind mounts and any ruTorrent settings that have to do with the location that torrents are stored.

Edit:

Post a link to the docker image you are using.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• I did try that image, but /downloads volume is hardcoded (their words) and nothing else can't be mounted as a download volume. And for the hard linking in radarr and sonarr I need it to be something like /data/torrents or something like that. I will try to delete those undocumented container side directories and see what happens.

• Post a screenshot from Portainer of the Volumes being used. Not the section where you have them defined. But from the Container details page.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Yes that.

You do realize that the container path /data/torrents is not directly accessible from outside the container. It can only be seen via the host side directory named in the bind mount. What is your need for this /data/torrents directory?

--

• That is my download directory. I only need ruTorrent to access it. It downloads there and radarr and sonarr monitor when the download is complete to import it.

I guess I just don't get it.

You use the same identical host side path /MainPool/Multimedia/Media/Download twice. Why?

Are you married to RuTorrent or could you consider using another that may fit your use case beter?

--

• Because you have to mount that /downloads to something, or else it mounts it to some local folder it makes. You can't go without it. I've tried, trust me. They've told me you have to mount it to something, even if you don't use it. And if you wonder why I use /data/torrents, check this out:

https://trash-guides.info/How-to-setup-for/Docker/

https://wiki.servarr.com/docke…nt-and-well-planned-paths

Did you find anything that could help me to keep my list persistent after reboot?

[/quote]Are you married to RuTorrent or could you consider using another that may fit your use case beter?[/quote]

Trust me, tried them all. I even have qbittorrent installed and stopped. Haven't deleted it yet. :) But ruTorrent have many features that I need that others don't. qbittorrent especially, it's a very feature poor client.

• It doesn't matter what a guide tells you to do if it is unsupported by the image you are using.

Here's the deal, OK.

Agreed, you have to volume bind mount the container path /downloads to a host side directory. You have done this. Twice.

You are also trying to use a container path /data/torrents whis is undocumented for the image you have chosen to use, and which you should assume is therefore not supported. Some docker images will allow you to get away with this, some won't. But when you try things like this and things don't work properly you should focus on avoiding using undocumented settings.

I am afraid I can offer you no more help with this.

--

• Ok, thanks anyway. BTW, everything works fine when it comes to download, that folder, hardlinking and stuff like that, so I don't think that's the issue here. I don't think that causes my download list to get deleted after each restart. In the config file I even set it like this:

session.path.set = /downloads/.rtorrent/session

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!