Remote Mount looses shares

• Hi, one of my OMV servers, running OMV 5, is designated as a backup server.

For this reasons all respective shares are mounted as cifs in r/o and incremental backups are generated once per day on own hard disks.

Time by time, shares gets lost (happens let's say once per week on 10 mounted shares).

It looks like a timeout, but the source server are 24/7 on (maybe in sleep mode with disks spun down).

Unfortunately there is no pattern, any share can be affected from any source server (even from the normally rock solid synology nas).

My work around is to restart the backup server as soon as I recognize this. After this all mounts are present.

Any reason for this? Is there a way to prolong time out (in case my guess is right)?

Is any automated work around possible, like periodically unmount and mount? If yes how could I realize this on the backup server?

In case the problem is on the other side of the line, how can I increase timeout on the source samba server or get better stability?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't tried this but you could try adding x-systemd.automount to the options. This will automatically remount the share the next time you need it. With OMV 6, I am switching the plugin to use systemd mount (like mergerfs) and automount files. So, hopefully this is not an issue.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately, Remote Mount's options cannot be accessed without making everything reference-free.

Therefore I dropped it (quick and dirty) directly in the fstab.

Let's see how it works.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!