Zyxel NSA310 - Installation failed - help needed by newbie

• Fellow OMV users,

I could need some help by the community regarding the installation of OMV on a Zyxel NSA 310 with Debian 11.2

Linux version is 5.2.9-kirkwood-tld-1, after some hiccups I was able to run the installation as it is described here in the document section (Installation on Debian).

After runnning

omv-confdbadm populate and (after some time)

reboot

the system returns to the Debian console. The only thing that has changed is that the NAS can neither be seen on the network(network page of my Win Laptop), nor contacted via its IP address (both worked before the OMV installation).

I'm no expert, so any help, suggestions and hints are gladly accepted!

THX very much!!!

Marc

• But you use putty to log into the server, so it is reachable by its IP address.

Can you describe the problem you have abd how you configured the network?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Correct, you're right. Generally I didn't change anything in my network config. The only thing that was required after the Debian installation was to manually adjust the MAC address to its original value, as Debian (or whatever) generates 00:00:00:00:00:30.

Problem is that OMV is simply not running, and I don't what and how to check... THX a lot!

• So you can not access the Web UI.

What is the output of

systemctl status openmediavault-engined

systemctl status nginx

systemctl status php7.3-fpm.service

Please put the output in code boxes.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• made it:

Code
    root@debian:/# systemctl status php7.3-fpm.service
    Unit php7.3-fpm.service could not be found.
    root@debian:/#
  • Use this button to get code boxes:

try to use tab completion with the first command:

systemctl status php<hit TAB until you see a fpm.service>

and past the output.

• "Failure: connection failed" after a few seconds

Is there a possibility to check if all OMV components and other (required) packages are installed and working? Because something must be missing or not properly working, right?

• Try to use omv-firstaid to check the web ui settings. Did you move the port from 80 to something else?

• omv-firstaid works. I checked the port, it was/is set to 80. I left the menu with ok, and here is the result:

• There seems to be something missing. Try to reinstall with this script:

Code
    sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

• omv-firstaid and configure the network, The script does it all.

• Same result. Just copied the last part of the response in here:

• try to apt-get purge openmediavault and install again. looks like the configs have not been replaced.

• Hello all, and sorry for the delay. During this process, I found out that I had installed older versions of Debian and the Linux kernel. Updating bricked everything, so I had to start from scratch. Debian is finally running, but I'm still not successful with OMV.

Installation using the document from the OMV website was not successful (seems to me that there are steps missing). I just ran Zoki's script from #12. Still not succesful.

I am working with omv-firstaid now, trying to set the network interfaces. I chose the WOL option and this is the result:

I have no clue what that means and what to do about it...

I also ran the checks:

Code
    Checking all RRD files. Please wait ...
    ERROR: Command '['monit', 'stop', 'rrdcached']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
    root@debian:~#
    Code
    Checking configuration status file. Please wait ...
    The configuration status file is valid.
    root@debian:~#

Thanks again for any support!

Marc

• Not my script, it is the installscript from rycoaaron.

Did you do a OS reinstall after the "normal" install failed? The installscript will not overwrite existing config files, even if they are not correct. I think, you are suffering from the leftovers of the first install.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!