Zyxel NSA310 - Installation failed - help needed by newbie

• Well, I formatted the USB drive with the OS completely and build everything up new. So supposedly, there should be nothing left from before - unless something is stored in the environmental data on the NAND memory?

• Well, I formatted the USB drive with the OS completely and build everything up new. So supposedly, there should be nothing left from before - unless something is stored in the environmental data on the NAND memory?

Just to be pricie:

You wrote: "Installation using the document from the OMV website was not successful (seems to me that there are steps missing). I just ran Zoki's script from #12. Still not succesful."

Did you do a fresh OS install between the two things?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Ah okay. No I get you - no, I did not. I started with the OMV website and then the script, with nothing in between.

btw I just checked and the IP address shows "Welcome to nginx" etc. So something seems to be running.

What to do? Purge omv and start your script? If yes, how do I do that (and making sure that everything is deleted)?

• Reinstall the OS. This will wipe the disk. And keep track of error messages from the script (still not mine).

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I completely set up Debian again and tried the script (had to remove sudo and add --no-check-certificate to wget):

Code
    root@debian:~# systemctl status openmediavault-engined
    Unit openmediavault-engined.service could not be found.
    root@debian:~# systemctl status nginx
    Unit nginx.service could not be found.
    root@debian:~# systemctl status php
    Unit php.service could not be found.
    root@debian:~#
  • Before doing the install you should ap-get install ca-certificates to verify https connections. But

Unsupported architecture :: armel

You could try buster

• Hi,

The script does not recognize the armel architecture; according to forum entries I found, this does not affect OMV itself. I purged everything and started a new attempt with the installation guide here (OMV and Bullseye should be compatible).

There's also some threads in the Doozan forum regarding OMV application on special platforms like Marvell Kirkwood. I will do some research and report back here.

Thanks so far!

• OMV itself does not depend on the architecture, but some dependencies will. Hope you can find them all.

• Hey all,

final statement in this thread: I should have done some research on the platform I intended to use. The Zyxel NSA310 is based on a Marvell Kirkwood SoC, which has less than 256 MB of RAM. So the prerequesites to install (or better: to successfully run) OMV are not met. I've decided to use a Raspi 4 instead (although it doesn't come with such a nice housing, compared to the NSA 310).

Anyway, thanks a lot for your support and contribution here.

Best regards and stay safe!

Marc

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!