Containers Wont Access Shared Volumes After RAID Rebuild

• I started getting bad sectors on my 5TB Raid1 array this week, so I ordered a replacement drive 6TB, and set about replacing my failing drive.

I shut down my system, removed the failing drive, replaced it with the new drive, and restarted my system. The array was not visible on booting up, so I powered down the new drive, and how swapped the failing drive back in, at which point it detected the array, so I powered down the failing drive and how swapped the new one back in. From here I successfully rebuilt the RAID array and tested to make sure things were working properly. All of my mapped smb shares popped up and all my files appeared to be there.

The issue began when I launched my Airsonic and Jellyfin Docker containers. All of the folders in the shared volume that was on the rebuilt raid array were not accessible to these docker containers. I used the Docker GUI to try to reselect the target folders in case something had gone wrong, but they were missing from the GUI. So I did a full OMV restart, and then these folders were visible in the dockerGUI, but the containers are still behaving like they don't have access to these folders.

I'm not aware that I changed any configuration for anything. What has gone wrong here? Feel free to move this to the appropriate forum section, if I've chosen incorrectly.

• Are you still on OMV4 after the re-install? It is long EOL.

post the output of docker inspect <container_name> and lsblk

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I am still on OMV4, and I plan on updating in ~5 months when I'm in a place where I'll have the time/space/resources to do it. So I just need to limp along until then.

And my docker inspect: https://pastebin.com/6LEz2aR7

Thank you!

• Check these folders:

If the do not exist or have wrong permissions, it wont work.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• The folders are still there: "all my files appeared to be there."

As far as permissions, I didn't change any permissions configuration. Could it have been reset by any of the actions I had taken? What's the most effective way to check permissions?

• The /srv/dev-disk-... are the places where the disks are mounted, the /sharedfolders was a way, OMV4 built the shared folders.

If you do not share the folders, they will not be there.

the best way to find out, what the permissions are is ls -la /sharedfolder from the cli.

• Watching some tutorials on youtube, and people appear to use /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Volume3 instead of /sharedfolders/Volume3/

What is the difference in functionality there?

Do not use /sharedfolders/ paths in docker host side volume binds. This is known to cause problems, so much so that OMV no longer populates the /sharedfolders directory.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!