Force Read, Write & Execute on new file creation in Share Folder

• I made a folder for torrent downloads and made it as a share folder and I also copy the downloaded files to another share folder on the same drive after downloads finish. Both share folders are given "Everyone" permission and I even edited the ACL to Read Write Execute to the user, group and others too.

Now whenever I created a new file (e.g a text file) in a the torrents folder it is gives the user, the group and others Read Write only. Which what happens with the files the torrents created in the folder too.

When I access it with SMB, I cant run the .exe that I need in the folders.

I need the execute privilege on the folder and its subfolders too. I also tried using "Inherit Permissions" and "Inherit ACL" and still gives new files read and write only. Not execute. I have to go change with chmod recursively every time in order to be able to execute.

Any help? ?(

• Are you running a docker for your torrent program? If so, which one and have you set the UMASK environment variable if available?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Are you running a docker for your torrent program? If so, which one and have you set the UMASK environment variable if available?

qbittorrent and I didnt set a UMASK env variable. But the problem is with any new file creation in the share folders not just this one and this sucks honestly.

It is set to read write execute and still defaults to read write only. I'm on EXT4 filesystem too.

I have to go every time and save the ACL again with recursive so it gives the sub folders and files the RWX but then again when making any new files after words it gives only RW as you can see in the photos.

• Are you really shure, you want any downloaded file to be executable for anyone on your server?

I won't tell you, unless you give me a compelling use case.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Are you really shure, you want any downloaded file to be executable for anyone on your server?

I won't tell you, unless you give me a compelling use case.

Well I use websites that I have trusted for years. But what if I wanna do it just for the sake of wanting it like that? Is there anyway? :D

• Yes, there is, UMASK has been said before and it will be on multiple places. And if you want it so much, you have to put some effort in it.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I have put more effort in it than you, but look no further, what worked some time ago no longer works:

Code
    setfacl -m u::rwx,g::rwx,o::rwx directory
    umask 0000

You will have to do it the hard way

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!