fully lost admin and root access file sharing still works read only at some parts read and write in other parts

• as the title said i cannot login as admin from both web and the SSH on that PC as well

it was working fine while ago but i have no idea why it happened

i still can access and read all files fine but some parts are now read only

its a HP 6005 pro with 4 GB ram and AMD Athlon CPU i think its X86 only

the system is installed on 128 GB SSD

i have no high experience with OMV or Linux

• Offizieller Beitrag

as the title said i cannot login as admin from both web and the SSH on that PC as well

The user name for the web gui is admin, the password is openmediavault unless you changed once you were up and running

SSH user is usually root and the password is the one you set during install

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• When are you getting the error message in your second screenshot? OMV should not give a stack trace on false password.

Try console login first with root or another user you have created.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• The user name for the web gui is admin, the password is openmediavault unless you changed once you were up and running

SSH user is usually root and the password is the one you set during install

i tried the passwords i used but still no use im trying installing it from scratch on another disk keeping the original installed locked system in case i fail to remount my HDDs into the new one

• Boot from a live linux or rescue linux, and check what is going on on your os disk.

If you only forgot the password, it can be reset.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Michael_vx

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Michael_vx

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!