Uninstall Filecloud [Solved]

• Hello,

I completely screwed up. After I successfully updated from OMV4 to 5, I followed this guide to install Filecloud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83tJC8EFZx0

Unfortunately, the Filecloud docs have been completely redone so I couldn't complete the install. I started searching for more complete docs but ended up using the wrong guide. I lost access to my OMV GUI, but I do still have access to Portainer and I can SSH in with Putty. What I really need help with (besides being patient and COMPLETELY reading before executing code) is uninstalling Filecloud. Is there a way to do that via SSH?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• atoddvr6

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

If you installed it via docker, as that video suggests.. just delete the container.

Any particular reason not to use Nextcloud instead of Filecloud? (Personally I didn't like Filecloud when I tried it.. but I thought maybe you had a reason)

• If you installed it via docker, as that video suggests.. just delete the container.

Any particular reason not to use Nextcloud instead of Filecloud? (Personally I didn't like Filecloud when I tried it.. but I thought maybe you had a reason)

Ok. I have three containers (filecloud.preview, filecloud.mongodb, and filecloud.solr) listed in Portainer. I've stopped them, so I simply "Remove" them? If so, do I choose "Automatically remove non-persistant volumes"?

I tried setting up Nextcloud a few years ago and couldn't get it working. I really want to get a cloud up and running and saw the video about Filecloud being better than Nextcloud, so I went with that. So, no particular reason other than based off a review. But I'm planning on switching to Nextcloud either way since it seems like it's a little easier to install and set up now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. I have three containers (filecloud.preview, filecloud.mongodb, and filecloud.solr) listed in Portainer. I've stopped them, so I simply "Remove" them? If so, do I choose "Automatically remove non-persistant volumes"?

Remove them, you can remove non-persistent volumes if you want... otherwise, click on Volumes, and remove the "unused" volumes in question after the containers are removed.... When that's done, click on "Images" and remove the "unused" images in question.

Finally, delete any directory that you associated w/ those containers.

They're gone. That's one of the beauties of containers.

• Remove them, you can remove non-persistent volumes if you want... otherwise, click on Volumes, and remove the "unused" volumes in question after the containers are removed.... When that's done, click on "Images" and remove the "unused" images in question.

Finally, delete any directory that you associated w/ those containers.

They're gone. That's one of the beauties of containers.

I've done everything except deleting directories. Sorry to ask, but where would those be located?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've done everything except deleting directories. Sorry to ask, but where would those be located?

Where ever you put them when you set up the container.

If you didn't create any directories when you set up the container, most likely they were all inside the container and were deleted when you deleted the volumes. A quick look at that video you posted, he discusses folders he's creating at around 3:05.

• Can you explain, what "I lost access to my OMV GUI" means to you?

did couy check

systemctl statux nginx

netstat -tulpen

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Where ever you put them when you set up the container.

If you didn't create any directories when you set up the container, most likely they were all inside the container and were deleted when you deleted the volumes. A quick look at that video you posted, he discusses folders he's creating at around 3:05.

Assuming I did, I would have to remove them via SSH since I can't get into the GUI.

Can you explain, what "I lost access to my OMV GUI" means to you?

did couy check

systemctl statux nginx

netstat -tulpen

Sorry for not being clear. I get a 404 when I should get the login screen. Below are the results from your checks:

netstat -tulpen returns a "command not found"

• If you get 404, at least something is running, but OMV can not be found.

But as it looks, something is stopping nginx.

it should lok something like this:

Did you remove the Filecloud container or did ypu stop it? I think there is something listening on port 80, but not OMV.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I removed the Filecloud container. The only one left is Portainer.

• I just went through the entire omv-firstaid menu and nothing helped. Although, I'm not getting a 404 any more. Chrome just says the site refused to connect.

Just restarted the server and I am back in. Probably should have started with that. Duh.

Thanks to everyone for all the help! ^^

• atoddvr6

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Uninstall Filecloud“ zu „Uninstall Filecloud [Solved]“ geändert.
  • macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!