I lost write access to my shared folder. "statd" owns it now.

• Hello people,

I messed something up. I had OMV work nicely with 1 EXT4 filesystem and 1 shared folder "OMV".

I shared this folder over both NFS and SMB. My Windows laptop would mount the folder via SMB and several Linux VMs are mounting it using NFS. All had r/w access.

Then I tried to setup a container with transmission torrent client. From this Ubuntu container, I mounted the OMV folder with NFS and created a new subfolder called "TransmissionFolder" and setup transmission to use that as the download folder.

The problem I have is that I have lost write access to the "TransmissionFolder" from all other machines. From Windows, I get "access denied, owner is Unix user statd".

How to I change the owner back to openmediavault? I tried deleting the whole shared folder and nfs/smb shares from the omv gui and readding then. But no joy. The owner of the "TransmissionFolder" is still this "statd" guy/girl...

Basically, I just want to delete the damn folder and start over. I deleted the VM that created it in the first place by now. So statd probably doesn't even exist anymore.

Thanks!

• How did you create the container? Somewehre you entered that info. portainer stack or docker-compose.yml

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• It's not a docker container. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

Proxmox:

VM1 = OMV

LXC1(deleted) = Ubuntu 20.04 with NFS mount and Transmission installed and chown command executed on the problemfolder.

• So just change it back with

chown <yor_user>:users TransmissionFolder

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Is <your_user> the Debian user on the OMV VM? The owner of the other subfolders that still work fine is OPENMEDIAVAULT/myomvusername. This is when I check it from Windows (smb share).

• You created users in the omv ui. take one of these and this user will be owner of the files. So myomvusername is a good guess.

• you nfs export is defective. You can check in the /dev-disk-by-uuid... folder what is in there.

You could try to remove the nfs share and recreate it.

• Thanks!

Removing the NFS share and adding it again fixed the 'ls' error. I could now enter the /export/OPENMEDIAVAULT and 'rm - r' the whole Transmission folder.

Problem solved. Thanks again!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!