Ain't this some B.S! myCharge power supply major greif.

• So it's bad enough that I'm battling through and unwanted OMV 6 upgrade and dealing with disk by uuid instead of labels and countless other petty BS things. I ended up doing a clean install of my headless Pi running OMV6. I Dragged it out of its home & into the living room so that I could use an HDMI port from my TV. I got is all configured and setup on wireless, took it back to it's home in the closet next to my router (hard wired Ethernet) where it failed to connect to the network repeatedly. I have a Black web power brick that serves as a psdeudo-UPS the brick was powered by a 'MyCharge' 4 A 3 usb port power supply that I probably bought from Amazon 2 years ago. This setup has worked for the past 2 years flawlessly with my OMV 5 setup. I have a Pi4 with 2 Hyundai 480 Gb SSDs powered though a USB hub and powered through the Black web brick. The brick in turn gets its power from the myCharge power supply.

So my problem was no Ethernet networking which I of course attributed to something in the new OMV 6 configuration. I troubleshot for 3 days. I could boot up to wireless ( on a different power supply or the brick without power) and then introduce a Cat6 connection but on reboot, nada.

I tried a new cable. Nada. I thought maybe I was getting interference from my camera NVR so I moved it. Nada.

Lo and behold. Disconnecting the power input from POS myCharge power supply and running from the brick batteries alone allowed quick network connectivity on reboot or restart.

it's hard to believe that a seemingly functional power supply operating through a battery power brick could cause total network failure but yet it happened. I popped a lower power Samsung phone power supply in and all is good again.

• If you did the install via WiFi and then moved to a wired connection, all it would take was to run omv-firstaid from ssh/cli and set the eth0 (or whatever name you have for the wired connection).

Problem solved.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!