Symlink plugin doesn't display symlink after updating

• I've created a symlink using web interface provided by openmediavault-symlinks plugin. Some time later i updated packages using "Update management" OMV web interface section section. Among updated packages was openmediavault itself. Now, the symlink i created before is no longer displayed in the Services -> Symlinks menu. Pressing the "Refresh" button at the bottom doesn't help. The symlink itself still works though. If i try to create it again using web interface, it returns an error "Folder or directory already exists!". After that, pressing the "Refresh" button again makes said symlink appears in web interface.

New to Linux | Trying to build a proper home server in spare time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: sudo omv-showkey symlinks

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• <symlinks>

<symlinks>

<symlink>

<uuid>975b0f31-dcad-42ea-9c34-2fe4a183b230</uuid>

<enable>1</enable>

<source>/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-E42010CF2010AA96</source>

<destination>/TestHDD</destination>

</symlink>

</symlinks>

• Offizieller Beitrag

What about: dpkg -l | grep openme

Did you try ctrl-shift-R when looking at the symlinks plugin?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• ii openmediavault 5.6.25-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.6.5 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

ii openmediavault-symlinks 5.0 all OpenMediaVault symlinks plugin

No, i didn't try refreshing the whole page. I suppose now that the issue have been resolved and i cannot reproduce it anymore trying to troubleshoot it is pointless.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The OMV 6.x plugin allows you to add a symlink to the database when it already exists. With the 5.x plugin, it creates the symlink before adding to the database. With the 6.x plugin, it creates the symlink before adding to the database. Since you are 5.x, I'm not sure how you got the symlink but not the database entry. When you tried adding it again, it added it to the database and then failed because the symlink already existed. Weird.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!