OMV and Docker restarts to much

• I recently have one problem with OMV6.

i run a snappraid with some docker continers but recently omv seems to restart or refresh itself and also restarts the docker engine or portainer (i don't know what actually happens) and because of this all docker container get ver frequently restarted (every 30 mins or so).

Does someone know what triggers this behaviour? It is quite annoying because all the time i want to change something or also not completely omv and docker crashes or whatever happens.

Like this my docker container are not usable.

Has someone a idea? :(

• When i try to run

sudo apt-get upgrade

i run into errors.

when i run

sudo apt-get update

i also run into errors

any ideas?

• You're logged as root, you don't need sudo

[ERROR ] Command '/usr/bin/patch' failed with return code: 1 [ERROR ] stdout: patching file /tmp/__salt.tmp.jogsxk0t (read from /lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/network.py) Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch. 1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file /tmp/__salt.tmp.yq61jk54 [ERROR ] retcode: 1 [ERROR ] Command '/usr/bin/patch' failed with return code: 1 [ERROR ] stdout: patching file /tmp/__salt.tmp.gdtsk9_n (read from /lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileserver/roots.py) Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch. 1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file /tmp/__salt.tmp.m988urog [ERROR ] retcode: 1

These error's are still normal.

KeyboardInterrupt

This is not normal. Are you clicking keys when doing the update?

• You're logged as root, you don't need sudo

oh sorry, yeah i forgot that i logged in this time as root. Usually i use the pi user

This is not normal. Are you clicking keys when doing the update?

I also wondered about that. Because i am not clicking or typing anything. I also retried to test the behaviour by doing updates again and i didn't move my mouse or keyboard, but i still get this error

weird.

I also don't know why omv or the docker engine behaves so weird because my NAS continously appears and disappears in my browser and docker containers always get restarted.

• Do you have a keyboard attached to the Pi or you're running it via SSH?

Maybe try to unplug all unneeded equipment, stop containers, to see what is going on.

• don't know why omv or the docker engine behaves so weird because my NAS continously appears and disappears in my browser and docker containers always get restarted.

seems network and/or power related. Please share complete hardware/software/connection details for network and power

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Do you have a keyboard attached to the Pi or you're running it via SSH?

Maybe try to unplug all unneeded equipment, stop containers, to see what is going on.

i am running it over ssh

seems network and/or power related. Please share complete hardware/software/connection details for network and power

- it is a raspberry pi 4 with snapraid and 4x4tb HDD. (previously running on OMV5 without any problems)

- software OMV6 with portainer 2.11.1

- attached to one WAN port driectly to my router

- Powersupply 12V 5A (60W) for the quadSataHat (running since 3 years without any problems) So i don't think this are power issuses or OMV6 magically lets my pi to draw more power

• Powersupply 12V 5A (60W) running since 3 years without any problems

Unfortunately electronic components degrade over time.

60W with 4 HDD is "on the edge" especially at power up with load spikes and accelerates electronic component degradation.

Datasheet says: "Notes • for 4x 3.5 inch harddisks (max. thickness 9.5 mm) the power supply should deliver at least 60W or more"

Did you execute the commands Soma suggested?

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

• Some commands to use:

dmesg | grep voltage

vcgencmd get_throttled

i tried the first one but with no results. ssh reports nothing

second one

throttled=0x0

Unfortunately electronic components degrade over time.

60W with 4 HDD is "on the edge" especially at power up with load spikes and accelerates electronic component degradation.

Datasheet says: "Notes • for 4x 3.5 inch harddisks (max. thickness 9.5 mm) the power supply should deliver at least 60W or more"

Did you execute the commands Soma suggested?

Maybe mine is not delivering enough power anymore?

So maybe i have to get a better one with more air for peaks?

• i tried the first one but with no results. ssh reports nothing

second one

throttled=0x0

That is showing normal.

You can check the logs to see if they show anything out oof the ordinary:

dmesg | grep error

dmesg | grep crit

cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i error

Also, for keeping a lookout on problems.

While this is running via SSH, try to push the SERVER to do some heavy work on the drives:

[EDIT] The command can't be sent to stdout.

watch vcgencmd get_throttled

[/EDIT]

• attached to one WAN port driectly to my router

in case the search for Power related issues finds nothing, use a different LAN cable and other port on router

• cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i error

Those errors are from today

Everything else looks ok to my eye. But those errors from today seem a bit weird.

Anything what us useful for you? Because i don't have any clues. I will test the LAN port now but i have less hopes

• OMV logs

• OMV logs

• Read what you post:

Feb 22 17:26:23 raspberrypi kernel: [ 183.148725] EXT4-fs (sdd1): warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended

Feb 22 17:31:36 raspberrypi kernel: [ 496.615137] EXT4-fs (sdd1): initial error at time 1644192167: __ext4_get_inode_loc_noinmem:4456: inode 6815745: block 27263008
    Feb 22 17:31:36 raspberrypi kernel: [ 496.615156] EXT4-fs (sdd1): last error at time 1644192167: __ext4_get_inode_loc_noinmem:4456: inode 6815745: block 27263008
    Feb 22 17:31:36 raspberrypi dockerd[1034]: time="2022-02-22T17:31:36.343207532Z" level=error msg="stream copy error: reading from a closed fifo"

Check your sdd1 disk.

This container c7003a3c6a39eb7a2bedfda6e9ad698fc266bad8e5d30bc827d82eabdc68b85b has problems probably because of the disk.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Read what you post:

thats true but this is not the reason why omv with docker suddelny is so instable.

i now managed to get a time window to run apt-get update and upgrade successfully but still ist is quite instable and restarts. But what i saw is that the RAM was quit unusually full.

• EXT4-fs (sdd1): warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended

a disc issue?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!