Setting up my first NAS with OMV

I have a rsync task configured as following:

• Archive mode
    • Recurse into directories
    • Preserve permissions
    • Preserve modification times
    • Preserve group
    • Preserve owner

And with this extra options: --backup --backup-dir=backup_`date +%y-%m-%d_%H-%M`

I'm having some problem with the folders created by rsync, all the folders are read-only with root as owner, using SMB I can only edit the files inside but cannot delete the files nor the folders.

I can delete the folders/files only if I ssh and cd my way in and use rm (as root).

Using SMB with my account I can delete the original/rsynced files that are not inside folders created with backup-dir.

If I use --backup --suffix=`date +'.%F_%H-%M'` instead, I can delete the files (using SMB with my account) with no problem whatsoever.

I would like to be able to delete the folders/files using SMB with my account, is there a way to do it?

Thanks!

• Solved adding -O --copy-as=MySMBUser to the extra option

I still don't understand the inconsistency though, if the files created by rsync can be deleted with my account using SMB why the --backup-dir folders are created as root?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!