how can i copy media files( movie, picture, audio, data files....) from samsung note 10+(android) to openmediavault 5(debian) NAS storage(exfat) using USB port of Raspberry Pi4 ?

• i want to copy media files of my smartphone( samsung note 10+) to HDD(4 tera) connected to RaspberryPi4(debian) .

for fastest transferring , i connect two devices(smartphone, raspberrypi4) with usb cable

how can i do this ?

• Are you running OMV?

Create a shared folder, create a share (NFS or SAMBA).

Find a smb or nfs client for android

copy.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• What is "media"?

Is "media" in multiple directories? ie. internal storage and SD card.

Will the transfers be exclusively 1 way, phone to NAS?

Here's a question, by default does OMV auto mount or use MTP, PTP, etc. or do you need to install mtp-tools (or whatever)?

For music on a old phone I used to have a script poll for 2 different directories for copy/sync. While you won't be able to see/select, this is very simple if all you want to do is copy/overwrite newer/different files. However, getting it to (auto)mount so I could use /a/sane/path in the script did require a fuse derivative to mount the disks. If I remember correctly, it's MTP that does not share a typical filesystem with the host.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!