Web interface for transmission - ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

• Hello,

I have just installed my first docker with the intention to install "transmission".

followed this guide:

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/transmission

and i did something wrong as i can not access the web interface, i got a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

I created a user for accessing transmission

I created a shared folder where to download, watch and config.

all folders were created when i started the service (no files inside yet)

I installed the docker as a "stack" (dont ask me why ><)

I used the following:

I found the PUID and PGID by executing the following:

Code
    CEREBRO:~:# id admin
    uid=997(admin) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),996(openmediavault-admin)

When I start the service, all those folders are created, but....

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • do not use admin, create a new user on webGUI and do the same id dockeruser , in my case dockeruser is ID=1001

use this transmission.yaml file to deploy the stack on portainer.

my-net is the bridge NET that I create in portainer webGUI to use on all my dockers ( including swag, so you can reference by name your dockers in swag)

• Using whitelist

Use WHITELIST to enable a list of ip as whitelist. This enable support for rpc-whitelist. When WHITELIST is empty support for whitelist is disabled.

Use HOST_WHITELIST to enable an list of dns names as host-whitelist. This enable support for rpc-host-whitelist. When HOST_WHITELIST is empty support for host-whitelist is disabled.

• do not use admin, create a new user on webGUI and do the same id dockeruser , in my case dockeruser is ID=1001

I did as you mention.

I select a user i had created previously and who belongs to the "Administrator" Group:

And modified my stack

I understand that -PUID and -PGID indicates which user will run the service and USER/PASS indicates the user which will use the service (i guess a default user, so better leave it blank? )

I had commented all the 3 whitelist lines

same result ;(

Thanks for helping

• At the moment nothing is listening on the port, Check the log of the container and post the output.

and post the output of ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-33874718-c347-450a-ab22-b88e67b30ab2/NBackup/AAA-Configs/transmissionConfig so we can see permissions on that folder.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hello,

The transmissionconfig is empty, no files

ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-33874718-c347-450a-ab22-b88e67b30ab2/NBackup/AAA-Configs/transmissionConfig

CEREBRO:~:# ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-33874718-c347-450a-ab22-b88e67b30ab2/NBackup/AAA-Configs/transmissionConfig

total 16K

drwxr-sr-x+ 2 root root 4.0K Mar 16 16:08 .

drwxr-sr-x+ 3 root root 4.0K Mar 16 16:08 ..

Portainer Logs

• Two Problems:

Minor

File Permissions are root:root for /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-33874718-c347-450a-ab22-b88e67b30ab2/NBackup/AAA-Configs/transmissionConfig

and you did not read the log / Pointer to the FAQ

Your DockerHost is running an outdated version of libseccomp

To fix this, please visit https://docs.linuxserver.io/faq#libseccomp

Apps will not behave correctly without this

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Two Problems:

Thanks, now it looks different:

For the update i had done the following

Zitat

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 04EE7237B7D453EC 648ACFD622F3D138

echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/buster-backports.list

sudo apt update

sudo apt install -t buster-backports libseccomp2

new Logs

Not sure if this "require authentication" means that im using a wrong credential or its just informing that the end-user will need to log.

Now I see it had generated the config files but still its giving a connection timeout

Sorry, i new to all of this

• There should be a log line saying transmission started.

Check the logs again, it was not ready when you looked at it.

• There should be a log line saying transmission started.

Check the logs again, it was not ready when you looked at it.

I have restarted the board this morning,

I understand the "Caught SIGTERM signal!" is when i send the reboot

I was busy so the logs are from a few minutes ago, this means it had hours to finish actions.

This is all the log from the SIGTERM signal to now.

this is my json file under config

Thanks again

• Just used this stack

To start and login. Difference: volumes are directories local to the docker-compose.yml and user and password changed.

This is the log:

So I do not know what is wrong. At least I would not expect no conection. do you have a firewall set up?

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!