Low transfer rates with Samba and FTP

• Hi,

I am using OMV even though I am not expert. I noticed that in windows 10 I can download files at a speed of around 5-6Mbyte/s maybe even less. I have tried to use the FTP protocol with the WinSCP client and it is more or less the same.

The PC I use is not recent I think it has a 100Mbit ethernet port maybe 1Gbit but I'm not sure and I don't know how to check it.

• You are on a wifi.

150Mbps is abaou 15MB/sec if the network connection is stable and has not much other "air traffik".

Can you try with a cable?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I used a wifi USB key connected to the Windows PC which can transmit up to 1200Mbit/s. The connection speed is equal to 533Mbit/s for both download and upload (visible from the windows network settings). Using this USB wifi device I can download at a maximum speed of 25Mbyte/s. I honestly thought I was reaching a speed of at least 100Mbyte/s

• Wifi is hard to predict, as it depends on the two parties connected and all the oother "noise" in the air. But If you get a real connection speed of 1200Mbits you should be well above 25MB.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• 1200 MBit/sec WLAN speed is achieved under optimal conditions, full bandwidth over the frequencies in the 5 Ghz network, no competing WLAN networks, etc. These are never reached.

Then WLAN has a very large proportion of overhead that is also transmitted. Roughly speaking, you can subtract half of it.

In the end, you are rather disappointed with what is transmitted.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!