Error when updating packet lists or doing an upgrade

• Hi,

since two or three days I´m getting this error message, when trying to do update/upgrade of my omv.

I already tried to clean apt but that didn´t help. Here is the error I get:

Happy for any hints :)

• toppi

Hat das Label OMV 6.x (RC1) hinzugefügt.
  • toppi

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Eroor when updating packet lists or doing an upgrade“ zu „Error when updating packet lists or doing an upgrade“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Try: sudo omv-aptclean

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

this is the problem of the locked APT database i think and why some user do not see plugins. But i can not reproduce it on my system.

I can't either. lsof doesn't report the file as locked. So, I'm not sure why your is_locked code is reporting the file as locked.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

What platform are you using? Maybe APT python library behaves different on some platforms.

I'm not having the problem on arm64 or amd64. The OP is.

• I am running amd64 on Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• This keeps getting weirder.

I updated to 6.0.21-1 when it became available. But this did not solve the problem, no plugins are shown.

Next I restored a two day old backup (6.0.20-1) to another USB stick and booted it up. Strangely no plugins are shown. So I cleared all browser cache data for the last week and still no plugins are being shown. Same result with other browsers (Firefox and Safari on my phone).

Something is hosed and I don't know where else to look.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please run omv-mkaptidx manually or press the refresh button in the UI. Are they visible now?

• I have gone all the way back to my 3-30-2022 backup of OMV 6.0.19-2. I have no older backups. Still no plugins are shown.

I am not certain when this actually broke though, but upgrading to 6.0.21-1 doesn't fix it for me.

I ran omv-mkaptidx and repeatedly refreshed the page in the UI. No amount of UI page refreshing or clearing browser cache data helps. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browser (on my phone which I never use for OMV).

Also, it should be noted that other things on the Plugins page are broken. The icons in the upper right corner (Notifications, Setting, Help, and Power) do not work.

I am stumped.

Edit:

To rule out any possibility of this being a browser cache problem I connected to OMV using a laptop that has not been turned on in more than two years. The problem remains identically the same: no plugins shown and the upper right hand corner button icons do not work. Omv version running is 6.0.19-2 amd64 on Intel CPU and upgrading to any available later version does not fix it.

--

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just because I have no other ideas (since your getList output shows the plugins), what happens if you put something like openme in the search box?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What does your /var/lib/openmediavault/apt/pluginsindex.json look like?

• Just because I have no other ideas (since your getList output shows the plugins), what happens if you put something like openme in the search box?

Nothing happens when I search on that.

--

• What does your /var/lib/openmediavault/apt/pluginsindex.json look like?

Attached along with upgradeindex.json which looks suspiciously malformatted to me. Files have been renamed *.txt to get around the site filter.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would try:

echo "[]" | sudo tee /var/lib/openmediavault/apt/upgradeindex.json

sudo rm /var/lib/openmediavault/apt/pluginsindex.json

sudo omv-mkaptidx

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!