500 - Internal Server Error Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

• Ok, I have no idea what's going on, but I keep running into this issue after I reboot my NAS with OMV 6.

It prevents me from logging in through the web UI and I have no idea why it's happening.

It seems like the file system goes into read only mode by itself and this has happened several times in a row and keeps happening.

Yes, I'm aware this is a pre-release OS, but I wasn't going to install 5.x again after my NAS trashed itself for some weird reason explained in a different thread.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Code
    500 - Internal Server Error
    Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

Code
    root@OMV:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  openmediavault                   6.0.21-1                      all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory       6.1                           all          folder2ram plugin for openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring           1.0                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-mergerfs          6.1.1                         all          mergerfs plugin for openmediavault.
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg      6.0.8                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-snapraid          6.0.4                         all          snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-usbbackup         6.0-10                        all          openmediavault USB/eSATA backup plugin

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service please

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• anything in the nginx logs?

In a recent thrad the directory /run/php was missing, can you check that

ls -l /run/php

Code
    root@omv:~# ls -l /run/php/
    insgesamt 4
    srw------- 1 www-data www-data  0  2. Apr 13:55 php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root     root      4  2. Apr 13:55 php7.4-fpm.pid
    srw-rw---- 1 www-data www-data  0  2. Apr 13:55 php7.4-fpm.sock
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root     root     30  2. Apr 13:55 php-fpm.sock -> /etc/alternatives/php-fpm.sock

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• anything in the nginx logs?

In a recent thrad the directory /run/php was missing, can you check that

ls -l /run/php

Code
    root@omv:~# ls -l /run/php/
    insgesamt 4
    srw------- 1 www-data www-data  0  2. Apr 13:55 php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root     root      4  2. Apr 13:55 php7.4-fpm.pid
    srw-rw---- 1 www-data www-data  0  2. Apr 13:55 php7.4-fpm.sock
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root     root     30  2. Apr 13:55 php-fpm.sock -> /etc/alternatives/php-fpm.sock
    Code
    root@OMV:~# ls -l /run/php
    total 4
    srw------- 1 www-data www-data 0 Apr 13 07:10 php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root     root     4 Apr 13 07:10 php7.4-fpm.pid
    srw-rw---- 1 www-data www-data 0 Apr 13 07:10 php7.4-fpm.sock

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• Did you check your filesystem?

How? I mean, I don't have a clue what has gone wrong and keeps going wrong.

Every single time I've installed OMV 6 and after the first reboot, this happens.

• You need to check the syslog. If the kernel decides to remount the root file system as read-only, you will find a log entry.

Will the attached do?

I've installed OMV Extras and Mergerfs as well as SnapRAID, but beyond that, I haven't installed anything else.

• I do not know if this is the reason:

Code
    Apr  9 00:09:08 OMV systemd[1]: local-fs.target: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit srv-mergerfs-jbod.mount failed to load properly: File name too long.

but try to fix it (by editing /etc/fstab) after you remount the os disk rw.

If the system crashes, before the flashmemory plugin writes the logs back to the hard disk, these logs are lost.

• I do not know if this is the reason:

Code
    Apr  9 00:09:08 OMV systemd[1]: local-fs.target: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit srv-mergerfs-jbod.mount failed to load properly: File name too long.

but try to fix it (by editing /etc/fstab) after you remount the os disk rw.

If the system crashes, before the flashmemory plugin writes the logs back to the hard disk, these logs are lost.

The drives are empty now, so that's something old from before I wiped them.

I thought the old unionfs install was part of the problem.

I would guess this is no longer an issue, since I changed to mergerfs.

• It tells you the config inside the systemd unit is wrong. Does not tell you anything about files in the merger fs.

Use the search engine. This has been an issue here before.

Or do you mean, your problem is solved?

• It tells you the config inside the systemd unit is wrong. Does not tell you anything about files in the merger fs.

Use the search engine. This has been an issue here before.

Or do you mean, your problem is solved?

No, the problem isn't solved, as I don't know why or how the drive goes into read only mode.

I thought that was due to something on the storage drives.

• Did you try to fix the mount of the mergerfs? This is a storage device and it can not be mounted according to the logs.

But a so much of the log file is missing, one can only guess.

• Did you try to fix the mount of the mergerfs? This is a storage device and it can not be mounted according to the logs.

But a so much of the log file is missing, one can only guess.

I wouldn't have the first clue how to do that. I'm not a Linux expert.

I've reinstalled OMV about half a dozen times by now and this happens every time after I update OMV and installed mergerfs.

Going to reinstall again tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

• Computers a rather deterministic.

Code
    sudo mount -o remount,rw     # Try to remount the file system wr

Now disable the mergerfs mount

Code
    systemctl disable srv-mergerfs-jbod.mount

Or start OMV engine:

Code
    systemctl status openmediavault-engined.service

Try to go to the ui

• Nope, not working. I tried remounting the OS drive, which is sde2 for some reason now.

Could it have something to do with folder2ram? I forgot I had installed that.

• what error message do you get, when you try to mount / rw?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!