Raspberry Pi CM4 with AXZEZ Interceptor Board - How to Start?

• First, I am a Linux nub. Learning as I go, so please go easy on me.

I have the AXZEZ Interceptor board and a Raspberry Pi CM4 with 8GB RAM, 32GB eMMC, wifi (more than I need but all I could find) and have the Interceptor OS installed on the eMMC. I followed this guide: https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-openmediavault/

I ran `sudo apt update` and `sudo apt upgrade` and installed wget `sudo apt-get install wget`. All went fine.

Then I went to install OMV with this command: `wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.…tallScript/master/install | sudo bash`

That seemed to go well also, except at the end I got a few "failed" items: https://i.imgur.com/PShNoVi.jpg

Including error for "The state 'flashmemory' does not exist".

Now when I reboot the device, I don't see any indication of OMV starting up. I go to the IP address of the Pi CM4 and it's a 404.

I'm kinda lost what to do next. Do I need to start up OMV somehow? Are those errors relevant at all?

Thanks.

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

My first recommendation is to use the regular Raspberry Pi OS 64 bit lite image instead of the Axzez image. I have been discussing that with them. The realtime clock won't work but if you have ntp enabled, that shouldn't be a problem. You will only be able to use the network port on bottom left doing this as well. But my test system is very stable otherwise.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• One question. Is there another way to install Raspberry Pi OS on eMMC other than connecting it to a PC? I installed the drivers (used Jeff Geerling's video), using Windows, when I connect my Pi CM4 I hear the USB connected chime sound, so it detects it. But I can't see the disk in Windows. It's not in disk management or in device manager.

• Offizieller Beitrag

One question. Is there another way to install Raspberry Pi OS on eMMC other than connecting it to a PC? I installed the drivers (used Jeff Geerling's video), using Windows, when I connect my Pi CM4 I hear the USB connected chime sound, so it detects it. But I can't see the disk in Windows. It's not in disk management or in device manager.

You are making this tougher than it is. No need for drivers. Just following the normal RPi install guide. Write the Raspberry Pi OS image to a usb stick and plug it into the Axzez board. It will just boot from it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You are making this tougher than it is. No need for drivers. Just following the normal RPi install guide. Write the Raspberry Pi OS image to a usb stick and plug it into the Axzez board. It will just boot from it.

Thank you, but I wanted to install to eMMC. I was able to get it to run from USB stick, but intent was to run from eMMC. In any case, it seems Raspberry Pi is allergic to Windows because any time I try to set up anything for RPi from Windows it just doesn't work. I ended up booting my PC from USB Linux distro and was able to see and install the RPi distro that way to the eMMC, currently installing OMV now.

Thanks so much for your help though. I appreciate your prompt feedback. :)

• Thank you, but I wanted to install to eMMC. I was able to get it to run from USB stick, but intent was to run from eMMC. In any case, it seems Raspberry Pi is allergic to Windows because any time I try to set up anything for RPi from Windows it just doesn't work. I ended up booting my PC from USB Linux distro and was able to see and install the RPi distro that way to the eMMC, currently installing OMV now.

Thanks so much for your help though. I appreciate your prompt feedback. :)

Hello HTWingNut ,

Have you made any progress?

I'm faced with the same issue of being unable to install omv on the interceptor with the provided debian distro.

I can see from the various posts by ryecoaaron that apparently it should work with pi os booted from USB but apart from having tried and failed at making that work, I'd prefer to boot off eMMC and with full hardware support.

It's been a month since your last reply, have you managed to get omv running?

• If anyone stumbles across this, I managed to get OMV working on the provided Debian OS for the Interceptor on eMMC with full hardware support, if not software support. OMV seems to work just fine for my purposes and detects all my drives.

The steps I took:

1. Fresh install of Axzez Debian for interceptor + setup on eMMc

2. Open terminal with root privileges (sudo su)

3. apt update && apt upgrade

4. apt install wget

5. apt install usrmerge (enter yes)

6. sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

Thanks ryecoaaron, all credit goes to you. I basically assembled the steps according to your comments that Axzez support posted in their forum. Then used your script which fortunately worked just fine. Postfix still presents with an error but from my understanding that only leads to issues with automated emails?

• totilolmomanon

There's another way to install RaspiOS on the eMMC (mine is 32Gb) but require some knowledge of CLI:

Rundown Steps:

1- Flash RaspiOS Lite arm64 to a USB stick (smaller than the eMMC is preferable) with Raspberry Imager but make sure that is configured before flashing.

Configured means setting the Hostname, User and password, SSH and WiFi, in case you use it (Ethernet is much easier) on the Imager itself.

2- Have a keyboard and Monitor/Screen attached to the Interceptor and Boot Up. It will take some time till it shows the login screen since it will expand the filesystem before the final reboot.

3- Use fdisk to create 2 partitions on the /dev/mmcblk0 (this is the eMMC of the CM4) with the same starting sectors of the /dev/sda (this is the USB stick)

4- Copy both partitions from USB to the eMMC

5- Edit 2x files to point to the partitions UUIDs of the eMMC

6- Shutdown, remove the USB and boot up from eMMC

How to:

After all of this, now all it's needed is to shutdown and remove the USB stick.

Power UP and fingers crossed.

It will boot via the eMMC normally.

Now it's time to run raspi-config and set the CM4 as wanted/needed.

Check network and update/upgrade the system.

Next step, install OMV via the script, ;)

• totilolmomanon's solution worked for me, but I had to also disable the base system's GUI with the below two commands between steps 5 and 6:

Code
    sudo systemctl set-default multi-user.target
    sudo reboot

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!