Slow samba speeds

• Kinda fixed it myself. After trying everything I found here, I decided maybe it's my client machine that's the bottle neck. I purged samba and cifs utilities and reinstalled. Suddenly started getting 60mbs to omv. Still .5 mb from omv to client. Sadly the speed gain doesn't seem to be persistent. After trying some additional parameters, it's been slowly dropping down to the 20mb range (even after removing the additional paramaters). I guess more fiddling is in my future.

My build is as follows.

Asus P5G41T-M LX Series motherboard

E8400 CPU

2 x 4gb ddr3 1033mhz ram

Intel based gigabit nic

4 x sata2

1 WD Red 2tb nas drive

1 WD 1tb Green didled to a Red

(Here's how to didled your green to red: https://wdullaer.com/blog/2015/04/05/hack-your-wd-greens/)

1 Hitachi 120 gb laptop drive for the OS

A 5 port gigabit switch

An ac wifi router for DHCP

Various cat 5e cables

and a 430 watt psu

The client PC dualboots Linux Mint and Win10 with a gigabit port.

I have my shares and samba configured the way I want with all permissions working. All indicator lights on the switch and machines tell me I have gigabit connections through my short cat5e cables.

In both Linux and Windows when I try to copy to omv (a 40gb folder over Ethernet), it will start out around 30mbs and about 1/3 of the way through drop to below 5mbs then towards the end jump to around 12mbs then drop again. Transferring from omv to PC is in the .5mb range. It is the same over wifi if not a little worse.

sambaspeed~2.PNG

I have spent hours on Google and in the forums but nothing I've found helps. I've even tried omv6 and fresh install of 5. My CPU utilization stays below 20% and my ram is barely touched. Running cbm on Linux shows network traffic just as slow.

system.PNG

I have verified all physical connections are good. I don't have a spare psu to check if it is a power supply issue.

This will be a closed system NOT connected to the internet. It will provide streaming services to no more than 6 wireless clients. I have connected 4 simultaneously without issue.

Any help is appreciated.

forum.openmediavault.org/wsc/index.php?attachment/24150/

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Travalon () aus folgendem Grund: Kinda fixed it.

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!