Setting up nextcloud in docker

• Well good luck with it, hopefully it meets all your needs. I use NC quite a bit and really like it (while my server isn't quite a Commodore 64, it is about 11yrs old.. and NC runs just fine on it)

This thread is going to be marked resolved, but if you have further issues you can come back to it.

I'm using an old dell T3600 on debian. Does everything I need!

• If you put the external name and the internal ip address in your hosts file, the certificate will work for you internally as well.

On Windows the hosts file is c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hi again :(

I've noticed my web interface is extraordinarily slow so Ive added my IP to brute-force whitelist, it's still not great, it takes 30 seconds on every new page I click on. My cpu usage is under 2% and there's plenty ram to spare. Are there other improvements that can be made?

Additionally, in my logs I've found these, the first is a portainer log, the second is swag, third is duckdns

I was wondering why these might have popped up and what trouble they might be causing?

Thanks!

• If you put the external name and the internal ip address in your hosts file, the certificate will work for you internally as well.

On Windows the hosts file is c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

what exactly do you mean external name? and does it have to be right?

I'm also unable to edit the file, ive changed owner from trustedinstaller etc but every time i try to save it wont let me no matter what I try

• The file looks somthing like this:

Take a look at the last line and copy this to yours. Put the real IP of your OMV here.

To edit this file you need administrator privileges, open your editor as administrator.

Once the file is saved, you can open https://nextcloud.28nasbois28.ducdns.org:450

If you are not using https for omv, you could try to move swag 450 to 443 and you will nit have to use the port number internally.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hey thanks for that, I've done this and it makes no difference at all, I cant access from the URL and the ip access still says not secure?

If you are not using https for omv, you could try to move swag 450 to 443 and you will nit have to use the port number internally.

And if I make this change, will I lose external access?

• Rowr21

Hat das Label gelöst entfernt.
  • Hey thanks for that, I've done this and it makes no difference at all, I cant access from the URL and the ip access still says not secure?

Show your hosts file and from the windows command line (Win-R, enter cmd, Hit Enter) nslookup nextcloud.28nasbois28.duckdns.org

And if I make this change, will I lose external access?

You will have to change the port forward from 443 -> 450 to 443 -443.

But get it to work with the name first.

• It looks like its going through the router

Also, my port forward is 444:443 as per the guide?

• do you have any advice about nextcloud running so slow?

On what hardware are you running it?

Did you installed the "standard apps"?

Collabora online can have a toll on performance.

• On what hardware are you running it?

I checked collabora and I dont have it.

Hardware: Intel Xeon E5 2665, 16 gb ddr3

CPU usage low, CPU under 2%

Actually ram usage is nearing 50%, more than I've ever seen it use

I installed the recommended apps and got rid of a few.

SWAP however is using 875/975MB

• if it takes you to omv, you forgot the port number: https://nextcloud.28nasbois28.ducdns.org:450

If you want to have it without the ports, you will have to switch ports from 450 to 443.

But remeber, you will have to edit the hosts file of each device, you are going to use in your internal network, or set up a DNS server for the internal network.

regarding nextcloub beeing slow, I have no idea.

• Thanks very much for the help, I appreciate it.

adding the port after gives me an error:

• Just clik the link in my post. You put http in front of the url not https

• Those specs are more than enough for NC (I think)

For comparing, I run on Pi4 @1.5Ghz with 8Gb and it doesn't stall.

Regarding SWAP, not the best one to speak about it since I don't use SWAP on the Pi (even if I did, it's only 100MB)

For performance tuning maybe you need to read a bit on the Admin Doc of NC (memory caching for eg)

Memory caching — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

Then, there's also some tune ups for the previews (by NC or by using preview generator app)

Previews configuration — Nextcloud latest Administration Manual latest documentation

GitHub - nextcloud/previewgenerator: Nextcloud app to do preview generation

There's also the possibility that you're hitting the pm.max_children (and with those specs, you can really up it):

pm.max_children nextcloud docker - Procurar (bing.com)

On NC via docker, there are 2 files that can be edited with values to serve some of the purposes above and there are other changes that can be done on the "config.php"

Make sure that you make a backup copy before attempting to do anythink so it can always be reverted.

Check the guide from macom here on the forum since there are some other changes that can improve NC.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where are your /config drives mapped? I've got mine mapped to a 6yr old 4tb, 5900rpm drive and have no speed issues (not to mention I'm running an 11yr old CPU).

Also, where are you storing your docker containers? Maybve that is the culprit...

Code
    docker info | grep Root
    • Offizieller Beitrag

On what hardware are you running it?

The Collabora plugin on NC, is abysmally slow.

If you run Collabora in a separate container, and then point NC at it as your Collabora server.. it is considerably faster. I have no issues w/ it and use it all the time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!