Possible for SMB and NFS to use the same folder?

• Hello,

I have several folders on my OMV server that are already shared as NFS. E.g. I created a shared folder named "Photos" which contain all my photos. Now, I also want to use the same shared folder for SMB, but I read, sharing the same folder as NFS and SMB is not working correctly.

Is there a possibility to use the share my photos with SMB and NFS without being in need to copy all the photos from the "Photos" into an, e.g. "SMB_Photos" folder and share this one as SMB instead?

Thanks and kind regards,

Felix

• Good question. Not sure, if e.g. the client IP filter on NFS side wouldn't work anymore, if it would be enough to just delete the SMB shares again or have to setup everything from scretch.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did that on OMV4. Don't have that server anymore and don't remember how I did it. Worked back then. If it doesn't work it is probably a bug. Worst case create a new share with the same path be sure the acl and permissions are right.

If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!