Fresh new install - no web interface.

• Hello to the whole forum for my first post.

Configuration

Debian 11 kirkwood installed on NSA325 - armel

Owncloud installed with apache2 on port 8080 and 443

Samba installed

I have now installed openmediavault following this tutorial:

https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html

The install has been very long and I could not see if there was any worning but at the end finished asking to activate monit and I did it and it well working.

Now, I am trying to access the openmediavault web nterface just putting the IP of the NAS and answers:

Code
     ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I imagine there is someting to be set to avoid conflict with nginx but here I'm completely lost.

I even do not know how to see if omv is running.

nginx is up and running without any issue.

I have put is site-enabled the default config :

Owncluod is till working both on 8080 and from 443.

I tried to restart samba and this is working as before the omv insall even if it should be somehow overrided by its install.

I'm really lost and I do not know how to proceed.

Your help would be really appreciated.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • A small summary of a night spent in investigating but without success... too noob... :(.

nginx is working well and ports seems to be well configured:

Code
    root@debian:~# netstat -tulpn | grep :80
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      794/nginx: master p
    tcp6       0      0 :::8089                 :::*                    LISTEN      1356/apache2
    tcp6       0      0 :::80                   :::*                    LISTEN      794/nginx: master p

omv service is running like this:

My ownCloud well connect to 8089 and 443.

if I type http://192.168.1.5:80 then I get the Apache2 Debian Default Page (same if I type http://debian/ my localhost).

omv-firstaid runs but I really do not know what to do with this.

If I run check RRD database I get:

Code
    Checking all RRD files. Please wait ...
    ERROR: Command '['monit', 'stop', 'rrdcached']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

If I stop apache2 service and type http://192.168.1.5:80 then I still get the Apache2 Debian Default Page ??? why ???

I really need someone who can help me in finding the right way ... possibly it is a silly nginx/apache conflict to be settled...

• Option 2: configure web control panel

In general we recommend to run Nextcloud, Ownlcoud etc. in docker to avoid these issues.

Thanks.

It took alot to arrive to have ownCloud working and this is why I would like to have both working together.

I have tried Option 2 and it is correctly configured on 80.

If I press OK I get a mess of errors:

Code
    Updating web control panel settings. Please wait ...
    {'response': None, 'error': {'code': 0, 'message': "Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run --no-color monit 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:\n    Data failed to compile:\n----------\n    Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.monit.default' failed: Jinja variable 'salt.utils.templates.AliasedLoader object' has no attribute 'omv_conf.get'", 'trace': "OMV\\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run --no-color monit 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:\n    Data failed to compile:\n----------\n    Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.monit.default' failed: Jinja variable 'salt.utils.templates.AliasedLoader object' has no attribute 'omv_conf.get' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:197\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/serviceabstract.inc(62): OMV\\System\\Process->execute()\n#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(170): OMV\\Engine\\Module\\ServiceAbstract->deploy()\n#2 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\Config->applyChanges(Array, Array)\n#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)\n#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChanges', Array, Array, 1)\n#6 {main}", 'http_status_code': 500}}
    ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run --no-color monit 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:
        Data failed to compile:
    ----------
        Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.monit.default' failed: Jinja variable 'salt.utils.templates.AliasedLoader object' has no attribute 'omv_conf.get'
    root@debian:~#

What can I try ?

• If I look into /etc/nginx/sites-enabled, I see:

Code
    root@omv:~# ls -lah /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/
    insgesamt 8,0K
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4,0K 26. Sep 2017  .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4,0K  2. Apr 13:38 ..
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   40  8. Mär 2016  openmediavault-webgui -> ../sites-available/openmediavault-webgui
    root@omv:~#

I think you should reinstall openmediavault and keep the logs around.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hello Zoki

I have not understood what you mean.

This is my answer to the above command:

Code
    root@debian:~# ls -lah /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/
    total 8.0K
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Apr 27 22:49 .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4.0K Apr 27 19:44 ..
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   34 Apr 27 20:47 default -> /etc/nginx/sites-available/default

I repeated the install process but it says that no intsall in necessary and all packages are already in the latest release.

with a reinstall I get this:

I don't understand why it is looking for omv-engined while the running process is openmediavault-engined.

Now I deleted the index.html and now when I tipe my IP on port 80 I get the nginx welcome page.

What's next ?

• I just installed today and I had a similar problem. For whatever reason, the firewall was not updated to open the port. I was able to connect after opening port 80 in ip tables.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just installed today and I had a similar problem. For whatever reason, the firewall was not updated to open the port. I was able to connect after opening port 80 in ip tables.

A standard Debian has no firewall enabled, thus OMV does not take care about that. Due the fact that OMV is developed for and on a standard Debian and no derivate, the community that is using Debian derivates should contribute to the project to fix that gap.

• A standard Debian has no firewall enabled, thus OMV does not take care about that. Due the fact that OMV is developed for and on a standard Debian and no derivate, the community that is using Debian derivates should contribute to the project to fix that gap.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I completely understand what you're saying, but I installed directly from the official OMV ISO and made no changes.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hmmm. I'm not sure I completely understand what you're saying, but I installed directly from the official OMV ISO and made no changes.

He's saying by default that port is not closed on Debian (or the OMV ISO) so there should be no need to open it. It appears his suspicion is you installed OMV on someone else's spin of Debian that altered this default.

• He's saying by default that port is not closed on Debian (or the OMV ISO) so there should be no need to open it. It appears his suspicion is you installed OMV on someone else's spin of Debian that altered this default.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but it was a fresh install from the official OMV iso (openmediavault_5.6.13-amd64.iso). I'll try it again tomorrow and see if I have the same issue.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yeah, that's what I thought, but it was a fresh install from the official OMV iso (openmediavault_5.6.13-amd64.iso). I'll try it again tomorrow and see if I have the same issue.

You might want to start with OMV 6 (not that it matters in this situation).. OMV 5 is gonna be End of Life a lot sooner than later. OMV 6 is a release candidate at this point (I'm puzzled it's not been declared stable yet.. I've been using it the better part of 4mo w/ zero issues)

• Hello Zoki

I have not understood what you mean.

This is my answer to the above command:

Code
    root@debian:~# ls -lah /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/
    total 8.0K
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Apr 27 22:49 .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4.0K Apr 27 19:44 ..
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   34 Apr 27 20:47 default -> /etc/nginx/sites-available/default

I repeated the install process but it says that no intsall in necessary and all packages are already in the latest release.

What I mean is that you still have the default nginx config and no openmedaiavault config.

Something must have gone seriously wrong during the install.

If salt can not run, no configs will exist on your system and trying to fix some symptoms will not help.

Can you purge omv and try to do a fresh install to keep the logs?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Me puts on the Sherlock Holmes hat for elementary deduction:

So, OP had a running Armel with owncloud already installed (on the host, as it seems) and decides to run the script for OMV.

Owncloud runs on Apache and OMV runs on nginx.

He then started editing/changing files without considering the implications.

Can you all imagine the messed state that's in there?

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's pretty much what I got out of it.

The thing is, it's been known pretty much as long as OMV has been in existance, the Apache will directly conflict with OMV.

He would be wiser to put Owncloud in a docker and run it from there.

• At least apache does not have conflict with nginx, so not too much damage done to the existung stuff.

One needs to no when to say no.

One copuld try: omv-salt stage run prepare to see, if this fixes it.

• Zoki

Just remember that Owncloud install sets several other dependencies that might conflict with OMV (I think).

It's not just a matter of installing Apache and it's dependencies, after you have a running instance of OMV.

In the above case, it was the opposite: Apache and Owncloud was already installed and the script for OMV may have become borked.

I'm assuming the above statement due to the lack of OP "site-enabled" link.

• HAHAH :) I understand what you say but I have not done mess ... I'm a beginner yes but I do not change things just to try :)

Indeed something went wronf during the install and salt was not running as Zoki said:

Code
    Setting up Salt environment ...
    [ERROR   ] /lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/network.py does not exist
    [ERROR   ] /lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileserver/roots.py does not exist
    [ERROR   ] {'out': 'highstate', 'ret': {'debian': {'file_|-patch_network_module_pr_59829_|-/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/network.py_|-patch': {'name': '/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/network.py', 'changes': {}, 'result': False, 'comment': '/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/modules/network.py does not exist', '__sls__': 'omv.patch.default', '__run_num__': 0, 'start_time': '17:19:50.430137', 'duration': 19.619, '__id__': 'patch_network_module_pr_59829'}, 'file_|-patch_fileserver_root_pr_60536_|-/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileserver/roots.py_|-patch': {'name': '/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileserver/roots.py', 'changes': {}, 'result': False, 'comment': '/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/fileserver/roots.py does not exist', '__sls__': 'omv.patch.default', '__run_num__': 1, 'start_time': '17:19:50.451980', 'duration': 21.26, '__id__': 'patch_fileserver_root_pr_60536'}}}}

I found that usrmerge was not installed so I installed it.

After that I made an uninstall of openmediavault and this time I did not have any error:

The point is that nothing has changed... when I try to point py IP:80 I only get the nginx welcome page.

May be as you said it is worth to start again from a fresh OS and install OMV as first but It's really disappointing to throgh in the basket all the time I've spent to arrive till here ... :)

• May be as you said it is worth to start again from a fresh OS and install OMV as first but It's really disappointing to throgh in the basket all the time I've spent to arrive till here ...

Most of the people here have been down that road: installing over and over OMV until get it right.

And believe me, it's not wasted time, it's a learning curve, ;)

• Most of the people here have been down that road: installing over and over OMV until get it right.

And believe me, it's not wasted time, it's a learning curve, ;)

Yes. It's never time lost ... so could you suggest me ther right way ?

Imagine that I do not know what is a docker so ... I'm really very noob on this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!