Preparations Large capacity hard disk

• Hello,

I just installed openmediavault 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 for the first time without any problems.

But I have a question, can we prepare and format a 12TB disk in the correct configuration so that it can be taken into account in OMV, directly from the Debian terminal.

And second question can we upgrade from openmediavault 5.16 to version 6.x without going through a reinstallation?

Thanking you

Where can I find the documentation to perform these operations?

Cordially,

• Official Post

can we prepare and format a 12TB disk in the correct configuration so that it can be taken into account in OMV, directly from the Debian terminal.

Sure but why not do it in the web interface? Just wipe the disk from the physical disks tab and then create a filesystem in the Filesystems tab.

And second question can we upgrade from openmediavault 5.16 to version 6.x without going through a reinstallation?

This is mentioned in the official 6.x release blog post - https://www.openmediavault.org/?p=3201 - and many times on the forum (hint: omv-release-upgrade)

omv 6.1.1-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.2.6 | compose 6.4.2 | mergerfs 6.3.4 | zfs 6.0.12
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for the answer in fact I redid the server with the latest version omv 6.x I formatted all the disks in EXT4 then once installed I assigned the disks as you advise me through the System of files.

There it is, thanks

• LaGirafe

Added the Label resolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!