Conflict between Docker and Podman container networking

• Currently on OMV 6 I can install Photoprism and Filebrowser and have them work fine.

When I install Docker from omv-extras.org these podman containers are no longer accessible via the ports (Filebrowser 3670 and Photoprism 2342).

I can access them locally on the OMV server (via SSH and running wget).

• I see other posts about the conflict, but has this been addressed as a plan?

e.g. remove plugins and configure everything in podman, or remove podman and configure everything in plugins? Photoprism for example was added during an update, I didnt explicitly select them.

Is removal as easy as apt remove photoprism and podman?

• Ok I saw it in the services list, but I see it in the plugin list. I could remove it from there and then add it in docker instead. I missed that. Still that plugin shouldnt conflict with containers should it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I could remove it from there and then add it in docker instead.

Yes

I missed that. Still that plugin shouldnt conflict with containers should it?

It should not, but there are some reports which are not clear.

• Currently on OMV 6 I can install Photoprism and Filebrowser and have them work fine.

When I install Docker from omv-extras.org these podman containers are no longer accessible via the ports (Filebrowser 3670 and Photoprism 2342).

I can access them locally on the OMV server (via SSH and running wget).

Personnaly I gave up after a few tries.

I spent some time on learning how to use Docker+Portainer properly and it's definitely woth the hastle.

My favorite feature is by far the Stack :

1- go to docker hub and find an image of your app

2-scroll down to find a sample docker-compose.yml

3-create a new Stack and copy-paste the docker-compose content

4-Deploy : portainer downloads the image if missing (can take a while)
    And BAM ! you've got your app running

Later on you can do some fine tuning on the yaml, use environment variables or save them in a .env file.

But if someting goes wrong you can update stack settings and redeploy instantly

OMV 6.x | Intel Celeron J3455 | 16Go RAM | USB2 32Go | HDD 3x4TO

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!