Ho wto use remote mount inside Docker ?

• I would like to declare a local network remote mount in a docker container..

I have 1 OMV machine / 1 Win machine

- I created an user on the win machine and use his credential to remote mount a folder (pictures) on OMV
    -I now would like to be able to access those pictures inside Docker

My unsuccessful attempt was:

-> omv -> share folder ->select filesystem (pictures)

that gives me a error

use

/srv/39f12095-6716-4a6d-b904-39294231ec70/pictures in docker

that gives me an other error

• You do not need the remote mount plugin.

Either create a smb volume (see docker docs: https://docs.docker.com/storag…#create-cifssamba-volumes) and mount this inside the container or declare a smb volume inside a docker-compose.yml file like this:

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• ok , I dont need the remote mount plug everything can be done in docker,

but I must be doing something wrong as this fail to deploy

• You file is not correct. Try this:

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Ah I understand your file now and it works..
    concerning your comment on privilege.. I wrote an other post about what are the secure way to use omv
    I changed to 100 and it seems to "run"
    but I did not create a managed user in omv so I'm not sure how it works as user as i did not create any

• Ah I understand your file now and it works..
    concerning your comment on privilege.. I wrote an other post about what are the secure way to use omv
    I changed to 100 and it seems to "run"
    but I did not create a managed user in omv so I'm not sure how it works as user as i did not create any

User IDs below 1000 are system users and should not be used for normal operation.

It is better to create a "normal" user in the UI and use this one. 100 is the group users and 1000 is the id of the first normal user.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!