Translation issue in OMV6 for French: confirmation dialog

• Hello,

I just upgrade my OMV5 installation to OMV6 and I notice some translation issues here and there.
    One of them is annoying because it is frequently displayed: the confirmation dialog:

"Confirm" should be "Confirmer"https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/blob/7d559b2a0580b12ca27d4bb6fcb8fbcf710efcf6/deb/openmediavault/usr/share/openmediavault/locale/fr_FR/openmediavault.po#L725

And No/Yes should be Non/Oui but is N°/Oui for a reason I can't understand.

Github ask to report any issue here first, so maybe there will be some steps to perform in order to double check that everything is correct.
    I tried to switch to English then back to French, but it does not help.

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can sign up and fix them here - https://www.transifex.com/openmediavault/public/

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I went a long time after signing in on transiflex but I will not be able to sign the CLA for personnal and professional reasons.
    I am even not sure that the French translations are bugged, some are missing, but here there are there, it looks like there are not properly used when the OS is also French, something like that.

I will wait for a fix, sadly I could have fixed it myself, but the contribution process is not helping here. Thanks.

• You can sign up and fix them here - https://www.transifex.com/openmediavault/public/

I had a second look and this has nothing to do with missing translations. I installed OMV in a virtual machine and the translations are there.
    This must be something from the upgrade from 5 to 6, or some translations not properly applied. I tried to switch language, but no success.
    Is there anything I can do to force again French ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there anything I can do to force again French ?

I don't know. What translations are not properly applied? It is possible that some don't exist because many plugins changed and the translations haven't been re-translated on transifex.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Ok, so here is a very concrete and simple example: the shutdown confirmation dialog :

Left, a fresh install of omv6 in a VM. French langage applied. Right, bare metal install of omv6, migrated from omv5.

We can see two issues:

- "Confirm" instead of "Confirmer". This must be a missing translation, this is not the issue I am reporting here.
    - "N°" instead of "Non". Non (No in english) is properly translated and available on the fresh install. So it works. But I don't get this label on my productive system. You can see also that even both titles are in French, and correct, they are not the same !

Does it help you to better understand the kind of issue I am facing ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does it help you to better understand the kind of issue I am facing ?

Yep. The translation is in the locale file. Do you see anything that isn't translated other than the confirmation dialog? While I can't find it in code, I'm guessing the confirmation dialog does not use gettext which means it wouldn't read from the locale file. votdev

• Hello again.

I have seen some fixes on the repo, I did many updates, I am now running 6.0.39-1 but I still have the exact same issue. When everything is okay on my test system with a clean install. So I guess something is not properly configured.

It must have something to do with the upgrade, maybe the apt repo for translations is not properly configured. What could I check to make sure I have french translations (as well as other translations) installed ? Thanks !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!