Two separate Raid 1 on OMV 6 with 4 slots HAT on RPI4

• It is a waste of disk space to have long term backups on a raid. Use the two as seperate disks an do the backups alternating between the disks.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• That sata hat is usb as well. raid over usb is not supported by OMV.

omv 6.0.30-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.15 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.0.9 | kvm 6.1.19 | mergerfs 6.1.1 | zfs 6.0.9
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi both

thanks for the info.

ryecoaaron : I know that OMV does not support USB devices. But up to now.. it is working.. in home environment..without issues.

Zoki: good suggestion.. I did not think the possibility to use those disks separately, and alternating the backup. I will make a try..

I hope that putting these 2 disks, will not make noise to existent raid 1 setup..

thanks

vincenzo

• I know that OMV does not support USB devices. But up to now.. it is working.. in home environment..without issues.

Just warning you. I have that hat as well. It is a paperweight now. rsync/rsnapshot to sync two or more disks is much more reliable.

omv 6.0.30-1 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.15 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.0.9 | kvm 6.1.19 | mergerfs 6.1.1 | zfs 6.0.9
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!