NetworkUPSTools Error - Failed to execute XPath query '//services/nut'.

• And you still have not entry in the config db. sudo omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.service.nut

and cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml | grep -A 20 "<nut>"

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• And you still have not entry in the config db. sudo omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.service.nut

and cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml | grep -A 20 "<nut>"

Please tell me if I should run these 2 commands with the nut plugin completely uninstalled? I ran them while they were installed. Result is below.

Code
    root@marcus:~# sudo omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.service.nut
    root@marcus:~# cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml | grep -A 20 "<nut>"
    root@marcus:~#
  • You need to disable the plugin on the services tab and uninstall it.

• You need to disable the plugin on the services tab and uninstall it.

Thank you for replying. I thought this will go unfixed, not replied. I hope we resolve this together. It's my humble request for others to pitch in. Any kind of help is appreciated.

To be clear, I am always unable to enable the nut plugin. I get the error in the title of this thread when I try to enable nut plugin. Also uninstalling the nut plugin via omv gui gives error and not completely uninstalled. Only terminal uninstallation works and removes completely. Check code block below for more info.

I uninstalled like you advised and ran the commands Zoki advised me to. Please have a look below.

• the problem is, it is looking for the nut config in the database file, but it is not there. Even installing the plug in did not create it.

I can send you the nut snipped later today (evening) to manually edit.

Need to think a bit more

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• the problem is, it is looking for the nut config in the database file, but it is not there. Even installing the plug in did not create it.

I can send you the nut snipped later today (evening) to manually edit.

Need to think a bit more

Thank you for replying! I will be waiting patiently

• These are the last lines of my /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:

You have to put the part from <nut> to </nut> into yours just before the </services>

• These are the last lines of my /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:

You have to put the part from <nut> to </nut> into yours just before the </services>

Thank you so much! Wish great health and prosperity for you and your family. I was so worried that I might have to reinstall OMV.

I want to be clear of the final steps I took, so it could help someone who is going to google this 10 years from now. Lol.

This worked, but also gave errors during installation and uninstallation. But I am able to run nut without issues.

Step1: Completely uninstalled nut with apt-get remove --purge nut-server nut openmediavault-nut

Step2: Installed omv plugin in OMV gui and it gave errors (this error can be seen on #7 in this thread)

Step3: Ignored the error and edited config file with the code given by Zoki

cd /etc/openmediavault/

cp config.xml config.xml.bak

nano config.xml

Step4. RESTART OMV. Now UPS plugin will appear in OMV and error in the title of the thread no more.

Even after all this, If you uninstall nut via gui, it gave me an error (this error can be seen on #1 in this thread). But I don't care because I don't have issues with it while being installed and works flawlessly.

Thank you OMV team. I will always recommend OMV to others.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!