After Windows restart, no SMB connection

• Hello,

I have a Problem with my Windows-PC.

When I restart my pc, he won't connect to the smb-drive.

Just the normal error:

But my iPhone,iPad have no problems with this, he can everytime connect to the smb-service.

How can I see a better error-message with more information? And anyone have the same problem?

Kind regards,

Chiller

//PS: My Router (FritzBox) has a DNS-Server to my Proxmox which have a Webmin-Bind9-DNS-Server

• I just installed OMV 6 from scratch and I have the same issue. No matter what I do and how I setup Samba, Windows says it does not have permission to access the server. The funny thing is I am not asked with a password when I am using my Android phone (none at all, although shares are not public). There is something really funny happening there.

Riddle me this, riddle me that
    Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
    I write on a blog (Romanian mostly)
    Testing (latest) OMV 5.x (HURRAY) on an Intel i5820K NAS (currently with kernel 5.10.x)

• Sorry for the double post, the mods can merge them. I did several tests with OMV 6 and in my case I did not set a password for the root user and I was told that the root user will be disabled. It might have been the cause of my issues. I later noticed that I could access it, again without authentication, but only if I use the hostname, not the IP. I also discovered that I could not get CUDA or OpenCL to install under Debian 11 no matter what I did. I then went back to OMV 5 and CUDA/OpenCL can be enabled, Samba share ask for password and everything seems to be better.

I am sorry, but I will stick with OMV5 for now. I like the new interface and the new features of OMV 6, but I really need hardware transcoding under Linux and share must ask for authentication. Maybe it would be better to not change underlying OS on every major OMV version.

Riddle me this, riddle me that
    Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
    I write on a blog (Romanian mostly)
    Testing (latest) OMV 5.x (HURRAY) on an Intel i5820K NAS (currently with kernel 5.10.x)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!