Activating Symlinks plugin automatically activates Sharerootfs plugin.

• You still have to have port 22 open. To use it: rlogin username@IP address of the computer you want to connect, You need to have an account on that computer, of course. I use "rlogin" because that is what I had been using for a long, long time in UNIX. Syntax is the same as ssh.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von andrzejls () aus folgendem Grund: Clarification: I keep port 22 open only on LAN side, it is shut on WAN end.

• The thing is, "all those users" shouldn't be logging in as admin. The only person logging in as admin should be the ones maintaining the server. Now if they are inexperienced and jack things up because as the "admin" they have privileges to do that... Well that is something they will have to learn. Someone has to have admin privileges, and it's the person who installs the OS. If they aren't prepared for it.. Well they are in for quite a learning curve.

Honestly, OMV isn't really geared towards people like you. Heck I have a lot of personal linux experience but my job has jack to do with IT. I've never ever had an IT job and probably never will. I'm very much more a "regular" user of this software than a lot of other users here. Maybe that is why a lot of stuff votdev does makes sense to me.

I LOVE OMV. I think of it as "low overhead" system that performs very well and as design. I am using it for a couple of years and only as NAS for multimedia server/storage, personal CLOUD and MariaDB in Portainer for database server for 5 KODI installs. In the past I looked into Synology and other systems available and found them not even close to the quality, performance and user interface to OMV. Now, I prefer OMV 5 GUI over OMV 6, but that just me. I upgraded to OMV 6 and, I am adjusting to it. One other think that I really like about OMV is the fact that I could and I did format my NAS (not OMV OS drive) hard drives to BTRFS. It is a little bit slower than EXT4 but much, much better (in opinion of many) in file integrity, but I do not want to go into benefits of BTRFS vs ZFS or others.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!