Network auto configuration failed

• Maybe a hardware issue, I’m not entirely certain but it’s driven me crazy for the past week or so. About a week ago my server goes offline I can’t access it even on my own network via any of my docker containers or through the web gui. I try to reconfigure the network using omv-firstaid and I keep getting the error “your network is probably not using the DHCP protocol” so I try to configure without dhcp but I still can’t access the webgui even after a reboot and reconfiguring multiple times. So I figure why not update to OMV 6.0 (was running 5) and see if I have better luck with network configuration on that. Install OMV 6 and configure a static ip that I normally use and everything works fine I can access the gui… until about 5 minutes later I can’t access the server anymore no matter how many times I reboot or use omv-firstaid to reconfigure the network. Not sure what I should do or if it’s a router issue, I have the standard fios router and got it replaced the other day because of this and still having issues. Let me know if I need to provide more details I’m not sure what info would be helpful.

Edit: can’t connect to archive mirrors during installation at all after configuring network as static using the ip assigned by my router (checked the ipv4 address distribution in my router settings to confirm).

• Are you using the same ip initially provided by your router?

Maybe the router assigned it to a different device in the mean time.

First try to get running with dhcp and then change, if you really need.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I can’t even get into omv because I can’t get past the installation. When I try to install using the mirror it says bad archive mirror which I’m guessing means the server just isn’t able to connect to the internet at all. On my router dashboard shows the server as online and shows the same ip as what I used to configure the server manually for the network configuration just minutes ago.

• Can you boot a live cd and see what happenes?

If you can not connect to the internet during install, you are out of luck. Maybe you need the debin non-free drivers for your card?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Will try to boot from a live (usb) later. Are you suggesting using something simple like Ubuntu on a live usb just to see if the internet works on that? Not sure why I would need different drivers thought everything’s been working perfectly for almost 2 years now and this happened out of nowhere the other day.

• Will try to boot from a live (usb) later. Are you suggesting using something simple like Ubuntu on a live usb just to see if the internet works on that? Not sure why I would need different drivers thought everything’s been working perfectly for almost 2 years now and this happened out of nowhere the other day.

Yes, just to see, if the network works at all.

If it worked and stopped working without an update it is most likely a hardware issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!