I don't see my files when i re-install an old disk into the NAS

• Hi, i built an OMV NAS with Argon EON / OMV and wrote my data to a 2TB disk. I took that disk out to put a bigger disk in and when i re-install (plug-in) the old disk i do not see my old files. OMV show that the capacity is used and i can mount the disk and share it (SMB) but the disk looks empty.

I mounted the disk as /Media the first time but now my new disk is called /Media so i mounted the old disk as /backup.

Thanks for any help. i am desperate to get these files back

• "I mounted the disk as /Media the first time but now my new disk is called /Media so i mounted the old disk as /backup."

What do you mean with this? OMV will mount the disks for you in /srv/dev-disk-by-...

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• can you show ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-994cefd5-4459-41c4-a281-46a135f7e08d/backup and the config for your smb share?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-994cefd5-4459-41c4-a281-46a135f7e08d/backup

total 20K

drwxrwsr-x 2 root users 4.0K May 16 11:44 .

drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4.0K May 4 2010 ..

-rw-rw-r-- 1 eric users 6.1K May 16 16:07 .DS_Store

-rw-rw-r-- 1 eric users 4.0K May 16 11:44 ._.DS_Store

I am accesing as eric

• There are nor files in backup.

Try ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-994cefd5-4459-41c4-a281-46a135f7e08d/

Did you think that linux is case sensitive?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!