how to setup wireless adapter in omv6?

• i have an wireless card "Intel Corporation Wireless-AC 9260 (rev 29)",

and I tried to add wifi throught netwok->interface

after chossing right hardware, and input the right ssid, wpa password, an interface named wlp2s0 appeared.

but it is not connected to the right wlan.

when i use " ifup wlp2s0", the output like this "ifup: unknown interface wlp2s0"

i checked /etc directory and found wpa_supplicant.conf that contain right info about ssid and password.

ip link show wlp2s0 to check the status of the interface, the output like this:

wlp2s0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN mode DORMANT group default qlen 1000

it sound like that the adapter doesn't UP, and "ip link set wlp2s0 up" has no use.

any suggestions or help?

• Maybe it will be of some help.

Not many subjects over the internet on "how to make omv work with a usb dongle"

Yes I know, wired network is recommended but ... for many reasons I had to make it wireless.

First try via the web interface : network interface / wifi / add

my wifi pen came in the list (with a weird name but ok, only choice in the list so must be that).

New connexion added (with correct values) but not matter what i did, it was not working when removing the RJ45 cable.

And then I tried to access the console (terminal : ssh root@192.168.x.x / omv-firstaid)

A little window pops out where you can do the same thing (add a wifi connexion).

But here your wifi dongle come with its proper name.

I entered exactly the same values as before.

And tadaa it worked.

Can't explain why but it seems that configuring via the console might be the solution you're searching for (if you're still searching after all this time)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!